To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
The United States plans to turn back all asylum seekers and most other foreigners attempting to enter the United States from Mexico illegally, arguing the step is necessary to combat the fast-spreading coronavirus, according to US media reports on Tuesday.The new rule, which is expected to be announced in the next 48 hours, would allow border patrol agents to immediately return to Mexico anyone who tries to cross the southwestern border between legal ports of entry without detainment or due process, the New York Times reported.Ports of entry will remain open to commercial traffic and to U.S. citizens as well as people with green cards and other foreigners with proper documentation, the Times reported, citing administration officials. The White House did not respond to requests for comment.President Donald Trump has made a reduction of immigration a central focus of his administration. His administration’s policies intended to diminish asylum applications have done more to slow immigration than his efforts to build a wall along the southern border.Immigration advocates and public health experts have voiced concern about the potential for virus spread among detained people, even before the coronavirus outbreak.More than 2,000 immigration detainees were quarantined after mumps and other diseases infected nearly 900 people between September 2018 and August 2019; most were infected within government facilities.Mexico has reported 82 coronavirus cases so far, compared with nearly 6,000 in the United States.Topics :
Mini farm for sale in Coorparoo RELATED: >>FOLLOW THE COURIER-MAIL REAL ESTATE TEAM ON FACEBOOK<< A brand-new home, less than 7km from the city, is a step closer to reality with first home buyers who purchase a Coorparoo Square apartment now eligible for a bonus $15,000 rebate. The developers of Coorparoo Square will match the $15,000 Queensland First Home Owners Grant dollar-for-dollar. Frasers Property’s offer will make a new home, less than 7km from the city, a step closer to reality for those eligible for a bonus $15,000 rebate.This means they will have $30,000 towards their new home.Cameron Leggatt, general manager residential Queensland for Frasers Property, urged buyers to book an inspection soon with only a few new apartments remaining. “Coorparoo Square includes 366 apartments across three residential buildings but the demand for homes at this enviable address means we are now down to less than ten, two-bedroom apartments left on the market,” Mr Leggatt said. Coorparoo Square Own your own motocross track More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus15 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market15 hours agoThe pool deck at Coorparoo Square.The remaining apartments are priced from $473,500, before grants and rebates are applied, and Mr Leggatt said it represented excellent value for money. Coorparoo Square residents have exclusive access to the Club Coorparoo recreational hub with facilities including two swimming pools, a full-size tennis court, gym and private dining room. They can admire the views over Brisbane’s CBD from the Club Coorparoo podium-level that also features landscaped gardens, communal barbecues and alfresco spaces. Coorparoo Square will match the $15,000 Queensland First Home Owners Grant dollar-for-dollar for all eligible first home buyers who snap up an apartment in the residential complex, giving them $30,000 towards their new home. “The $15,000 rebate on top of the $15,000 government grant means many first home buyers can realise their dream of owning a home close to the CBD and in one of Brisbane’s most vibrant and liveable suburbs. “Each apartment is complete and ready for buyers to move in and make their own.” Gold Coast home most viewed in the state The mixed-use development is about 6km from Brisbane’s CBD and has injected renewed energy into the suburb, revitalising the site on the corner of Cavendish and Old Cleveland roads, formerly occupied by Queensland’s first Myer department store.Coorparoo Square Shopping Village and laneway precinct is anchored by Dendy Cinemas and ALDI with tenants including Beyond the Pale bar, Kivahan cafe, Tigerlamb hair salon, La Macelleria gelataria, Sense of Taste bottle shop, Barbacoa Mexican Taqueria plus more. Public transport connectivity is easy with the Brisbane Glider service now stopping at Coorparoo Square. The extra $15,000 rebate is available on contracts signed before December 31. Developer: Frasers Property MORE: Price: A limited number of two-bedroom apartments remain, priced from $473,500 Location: 26 Holdsworth St, Coorparoo Coorparoo Square residents have exclusive access to the Club Coorparoo recreational hub with facilities including two swimming pools, a full-size tennis court, gym and private dining room. THE BASICS
Sharing is caring! Tweet Share LifestyleRelationships 98-year-old woman becomes first woman ever to earn Judo’s highest-degree black belt by: – August 10, 2011 Share 46 Views no discussions Share Is earning a black belt on your life list? Then this elderly woman in San Francisco just might be your ultimate hero.Just two years before her 100th birthday, Sensei Keiko Fukuda has become the first woman to achieve a tenth-degree black belt—the highest rank in the martial art and combat sport Judo. Fukuda is now one of only four living people who’ve earned the tenth-degree (or dan) black belt. To put the accomplishment into better perspective, throughout history, only sixteen people have ever achieved this honor.Fukuda began practicing Judo in 1935 and is the sole surviving student of its founder, Kano Jiguro. At her teacher’s urging, she learned English to help spread Judo internationally.During a time when getting married, building a family, and becoming a housewife was the norm, Fukudo bucked tradition, opting out of marriage to pursue the martial art.“All I did was Judo…this was my marriage,” Fukudo reflected tearfully to the San Francisco Chronicle. “This is when my life destiny was set. I just never imagined how long this road would be.”She described the Jiguro’s school, known as the Kodokan, as “old-fashioned and sexist about belts and ranks.” In fact, an edict that prevented women from achieving any higher than a fifth-degree black belt kept Fukuda at that level for thirty years. She was finally elevated to sixth dan in 1972 when a woman’s division was created.Fukodo said she approached Judo and her life with the intent to “be gentle, kind and beautiful, yet firm and strong, both mentally and physically.” Fukuda says this kind of beauty is decidedly not external. “A compassionate soul is inner beauty,” she explained to the paper. “I believe this is true beauty…All my life this has been my dream.”Dream realized, the 98-year-old Sensei Keiko Fukuda continues to teach Judo three times a week at a woman’s dojo.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdPh3CEfGM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]By: Jessica Ashley
Promoted Content9 Most Disturbing Movie DystopiasBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art6 Movies Where A Car Plays A Key Role5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Who Earns More Than Ronaldo?9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black HolesYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do Loading… Madrid CFF defender, Chidinma Okeke, has joined the world to appreciate health personnel for their efforts in fighting the coronavirus. Thanks to health workers who are working very hard to fight the coronavirus in Spain, Nigeria, and the world over and also endanger their lives to save others. You’re all heroes. Let’s take the pandemic seriously & stay at home. #Covid19 #StayAtHome #CoronaOut #clapforourcarers Okeke made her seventh appearance for Oscar Fernandes’ ladies when she suffered her injury against Barcelona last year. With the halt of football activities due to the virus, the 19-year-old will be hoping to return to the field in the coming weeks to help her side to Primera Iberdrola safety when the pandemic ends. “Technically, Neymar is the best player in the world,” he said. Read Also:World Cup Qualifier: Falconets storm camp for Burkinabes “Today, technically, nobody can beat Neymar. Not even Messi, although I am a fan of him. But he does not surpass him in terms of technical quality.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The pandemic has grounded the global economy and forced the suspension of major sporting activities around the world, claiming over 33,000 lives so far. Okeke, who is near full recovery from a knee injury suffered in October last year in Spain, where 6, 000 deaths have been recorded from over 78,000 cases, as the virus continues to spread. The Super Falcons star took to social media to urge fans to take the coronavirus pandemic very seriously during this difficult time. “Thanks to health workers who are working very hard to fight the coronavirus in Spain, Nigeria, and the world over and also endanger their lives to save others,” Okeke wrote on her Twitter account. “You’re all heroes. Let’s take the pandemic seriously & stay at home.”Advertisement
Betty Raisor, 83, of Moores Hill passed away Monday, June 17, 2019 at Ripley Crossing in Milan. Betty was born Sunday, July 14, 1935 in Vevay, IN, the daughter of Clarence and Mary Ellen (Reed) Chase. She married William Raisor August 27, 1953 and he preceded her in death May 24, 2009. Betty was a homemaker and of the Baptist faith. She enjoyed her grandchildren and gardening.Betty is survived by son William (Glenda) Raisor Jr. of Milan; daughters: Kimberly Goodpaster of Moores Hill, Cathy (Dave) Nordhoff of Milan and Karen Ping (Mark) Rutherford of Milan; brother Clarence (Norma) Chase and sister Elizabeth Little both of Vevay; 9 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband; parents; 2 brothers; and 6 sisters.A service celebrating her life will be held 11 AM Friday, June 21, 2019 at Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home in Moores Hill with Rev. Harris Long officiating. Burial will follow in Union Cemetery near Moores Hill. Family and friends may gather to share and remember her 9 – 11 AM Friday also at the funeral home. Memorials may be given in honor of Betty to Manderly Health Care Patient Activity Fund or donor’s choice. Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, 16717 Manchester Street, Box 156, Moores Hill, IN 47032, (812) 744-3280. You may go to www.sibbettmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.
RelatedPosts Couple insert bottle into private part of man’s ex-girlfriend, threaten to upload on Internet 25-year-old man arrested for allegedly raping 70-year-old woman Notorious cultist arrested in Ogun, confesses to killing three The Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 2 Command, Lagos, Ahmed Iliyasu, has ordered the arrest of the policeman involved in the killing of a Remo Stars player in Sagamu, Ogun State. The Police Public Relations Officer, Zone 2 Command, DSP Hauwa Idris-Adamu, made the disclosure in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday in Lagos. Iliyasu ordered the Commissioner of Police in Ogun State, Kenneth Ebrimson, to conduct full scale investigation into the case. He condemned the incident resulting in the death of the Remo Stars FC player, Tiyamiyu Kazeem, on Saturday. According to him, any officer found wanting on enshrined police duties as specified by law will be sanctioned appropriately. He said: “I commiserate with the family of the deceased, the football club, Remo indigenes and by extension, Ogun State Government and the people in general, over this huge loss. “I assure you that the culprit of this dastardly act will face the full wrath of the law through our rigorous Police Acts and Regulations.” The AIG warned that the zone would not tolerate any act of indiscipline and disregard for human rights and the rule of law by officers of the two police commands under him. “We assure all citizens of Lagos and Ogun States of continuous protection of life and property as enshrined in all our extant laws,” he said.Tags: AIG Ahmed IliyasuDSP Hauwa Idris-adamuKenneth EbrimsonRemo Stars Football ClubTiamiyu Kazeem
RelatedPosts Ighalo: My best moment as ‘Red Devil’ EPL: Crystal Palace stun sloppy Man U EPL: Red Devils attack Palace Odion Ighalo believes Manchester United will be “a different team” when Paul Pogba is back fit and firing. Pogba has made just eight appearances this season for United, and has not featured at all since the Boxing Day win over Newcastle. In an interview earlier this week, the Frenchman lifted the lid on what has been a “frustrating” season with injury, but insisted he was closing on a return to fitness. It remained to be seen whether he is still at the club come the start of next season, but Ighalo is hoping that in partnership with Bruno Fernandes he can take United back to the top. “He is working hard to get back to fitness and imagine when we have Pogba and Bruno in the midfield, then you will see a different team – [Marcus] Rashford coming back also,” Ighalo said in a Twitter Q&A. “Manchester United is going to be great again, winning games week in, week out. He’s a great player and it’s going to be a privilege to play with him.”Tags: Boxing DayBruno FernandesManchester UnitedOdion IghaloPaul Pogba
Billed as a Derby horse for Dermot Weld as soon as he made his debut at this course in August of last year, he was then beaten six lengths by none other than Australia in the corresponding renewal of the John Deere Juvenile Turf Stakes. That was Free Eagle’s last start as he was sidelined with injury but he came back with a swagger as 9-10 favourite, with Pat Smullen sitting off the pace set by stablemate Rock Critic before cruising into the lead on the home turn and allowing his mount to stride seven lengths clear. Free Eagle made a quite stunning return to the racecourse after a year’s absence in the KPMG Enterprise Stakes at Leopardstown. Weld said: “He did it very impressively. It’s a case of what might have been, but such is life. He’s come back nicely and we’ll see how he comes out of it. He’s very laid-back and it was difficult enough to get him as fit as I wanted for today, but he was pretty right. He should improve, naturally. “He’ll have one more run and the English Champion Stakes looks the logical race. He’s entitled to a crack and that’s the plan. He’s just a very good horse and he’s done it very very well. It’s just a worry now that he stays sound and right. “He had a stress fracture of his tibia in the spring and was stood in his box for 12 weeks. Today was the very first day that it was practical to run and it was the right race to bring him back in. Losing him was a huge blow but thank God he’s back. Pat was thrilled with him.” Toe The Line got the better of a desperate finish to the Irish Stallion Farms E.B.F. ‘Petingo’ Handicap. A 7-1 chance for the respected John Kiely yard, the five-year-old mare has been in excellent form all year and was produced with delicate timing by Fran Berry. Winter Lion tried to slip the field around the home turn but a whole host of challengers came to the fore inside the final furlong, with Toe The Line getting to the post a neck in front of Cassells Rock and Silwana. Kiely said: “She’s always been promising and showed a lot from day one. She’s been unlucky once or twice. She ran well behind the Galway Hurdle winner at the Curragh and the trip was too short in Killarney. “She’ll probably stay on the Flat for a while. I thought she would be going jumping. They went a good gallop today which helped. The prize-money is high and it’s a good day to have a horse for.” Press Association
For all the Latest Sports News News, Badminton News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Jakarta: Saina Nehwal continued her impressive run to enter the finals of the USD 350,000 Indonesia Masters with a hard-fought win over China’s He Bingjiao on Saturday. The 28-year-old from Hyderabad, who had reached the finals at the last edition, notched up a come-from-behind 18-21 21-12 21-18 triumph over sixth seed Bingjiao, who had won a bronze medal at the World Championship last year.Eighth seed Saina will now face either Spain’s three-time World Champion and reigning Olympic champion Carolina Marin or China’s Chen Yufei, seeded third.Saina had won a gold medal at the 2018 Commonwealth Games, a bronze at the Asian Games, besides reaching finals at the Denmark, Indonesia Masters and Syed Modi International last year.