Mike Dunlap, a little known but highly respected assistant coach with St. John’s, was hired Monday by Michael Jordan’s Charlotte Bobcats, the school said in a statement released early Tuesday morning.Dunlap is a surprise hire because he has spent most of his career at the collegiate level, and was not mentioned as one of the leading candidates by Bobcat executives, who said the search was narrowed down to Hall of Fame coach Jerry Sloan, Indiana assistant Brian Shaw and Lakers assistant Quin Snyder.After initial interviews with Charlotte executives Rod Higgins and Rich Cho, Shaw and Snyder were brought in last week to interview with Bobcats owner Michael Jordan.Sloan pulled himself out of the running last week, and after meeting with Shaw and Snyder, Jordan decided to re-open the field and brought Dunlap back in for an interview on Monday, sources say. Impressed, Jordan offered Dunlap the job.Cho told ESPN.com’s Andy Katz on Monday night that “a strong emphasis in player development was extremely high on our priority list,” in response to the Dunlap hire. Dunlap is known as a teacher of the game amid his peers in college and in the NBA.Dunlap, who is known to favor an up-tempo style of play, will replace Paul Silas, whose contract was not renewed after Charlotte finished with the worst winning percentage in NBA history this past season. The Bobcats were 7-59.
The competition that faces the La Liga champion with the Copa del Rey champion will be played once again outside of Spain.The Spanish Super Cup will continue to change as announced by the Spanish Football Federation today in the European nation.Last year the Super Cup was played for the first time using a single match format, and it was also the first time to be played outside Spain as it was played in Tanger, Morocco.But today the cup has received another modification, as it will be played for the first time in history between four teams, in a Final Four format.The two finalists of the Copa del Rey and the two top teams in the Spanish La Liga will play a small tournament outside of Spain to decide who is the biggest champion in the nation.The announcement was made by Spanish FA’s president Luis Rubiales.The tournament will be played between four or five days and will be a four-game celebration, with the winners of La Liga playing against the Copa del Rey runner-ups and vice-versa.The first edition in this new format will be played at the end of this season for the first time if the federation’s assembly agrees.La Liga Betting: Match-day 4 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Despite it being very early into La Liga season, both Barcelona and Real Madrid have had unprecedented starts to their campaigns. With this in…According to Rubiales, the new format “does not break any rules and objectives of the competition.”“Neutral tournaments in the summer are not well supported for the clubs. We see this as a unique opportunity for the “Marca España” to grow without going against the principles of the sport.”Rubiales was one of the worst critics after La Liga decide to take one official game each year out of Spain, something that the Spanish Football Federation did not like.🗣 @LuisRubiales: “Propondré a la Asamblea que la #Supercopa se celebre en formato final four”🔗 https://t.co/NQM9nLYBCI pic.twitter.com/x640IaDOqU— RFEF (@rfef) February 19, 2019
Nintendo 99 players enter, one player leaves. The power of geometry sorts the weak from the WARRIORS. Nintendo has laid down the gauntlet against Fortnite, announcing on Wednesday a battle royale version of its retro game Tetris. Tetris 99 will bring 99 players together in an online arena to fight for block supremacy. The iconic puzzle game #Tetris arrives, but with an online experience like no other–99 players enter, but only one reigns supreme! #Tetris99 is available to download now, exclusively for #NintendoSwitchOnline Members. pic.twitter.com/iLWG08pmIi— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) February 13, 2019 99 players enter, one player leaves. The power of geometry sorts the weak from the WARRIORS. #NintendoDirect https://t.co/d2Yyx3crbt pic.twitter.com/3IMMWzK3lC— CNET (@CNET) February 14, 2019 Share your voice Tags The gameplay looks like the Tetris you know, just with 98 other players trying to lay down bricks alongside you. Every time you get two lines or more, you send garbage from your screen to the bottom of other players’ screens. Players get knocked out until one reigns supreme! Should be easy right? Nintendo revealed the game on Wednesday as part of a raft of new announcements at its Nintendo Direct online presentation, including more details about its new tactical role-playing game Fire Emblem: Three Houses, as well as the launch of Super Mario Maker 2 for Switch. Tetris 99 is available for Nintendo Switch Online members from today, and is free to download. You can check out the gameplay below. Everything about Fortnite: What you need to know about the hit game.NASA turns 60: The space agency has taken humanity farther than anyone else, and it has plans to go further. Video Games Comment 1 Nintendo
Ahead of the 1st Test match against West Indies, Indian captain Virat Kohli has issued a directive for his openers. In the Australian tour, KL Rahul struggled which prompted the management to include Hanuma Vihari in that particular slot. However, the skipper did say that KL Rahul will go back to his preferred opening spot and that now, the onus is on him and Mayank Agarwal to make the most the four innings.”In the opening combination, we have selected only two openers, so the idea is to give them four innings, just let them go out there and express themselves. Mayank has done really well, KL (Rahul) has performed well in the past, he is looking forward to making things count in Test cricket again,” Kohli said on the eve of the match.Performances matter for the team Virat KohliMark Evans/Getty ImagesThe skipper further said that for the players in the side, it is more about performing and getting a job done for the side. He cited the example of Australia where Vihari was only able to score to 18 runs, but then he batted for 85 balls and got the team off to a solid start which lay the platform for the middle order.”At the end of the day, as much as individuals want to perform, it is about what you can do as a team. If you look at the Melbourne Test, how (Hanuma) Vihari and Mayank opened and though Vihari scored just 18 or 20 runs, but he batted for 85 balls, tells you it is all about team, and he handled the situation so well that Pujara and myself could go out there and play the way we did and Pujara then went to get that century for us,” the captain further added.Kohli was quick to add that the combination which will be fielded in the first Test will solely depend on the conditions and how the management reads the situation on the day of the match. Rohit SharmaMARCO LONGARI/AFP/Getty Images”Look it again depends on the type of combination that we are going with. Vihari has done really well since the time he has come into the team in two difficult tours. Rohit also did well in Melbourne, so it all depends on what combination we want to go with,” the captain said.Speaking about Hanuma Vihari, Kohli said that the young batsman also provides few overs with the ball and that Rohit Sharma is also a proven customer in all conditions. It will all depend on how the captain and coach react to the conditions.
A woman walks past a signboard of Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd. (DHFL) outside its office on the outskirts of Mumbai, January 31, 2019.ReutersShares in one of India’s biggest home loan and property finance companies, Dewan Housing Finance Ltd (DHFL), are expected to fall sharply on Monday after the lender reported dismal results and warned about its grim financial situation.DHFL reported a net loss of 22.23 billion rupees ($324.3 million) for the quarter ended March 31, in a regulatory filing late on Saturday. It also said it had defaulted on the interest payments due on two non-convertible debentures.”The share price would be impacted significantly. I expect it to be down around 10-15% when markets open as their business has been significantly affected,” said Arun Kejriwal, founder of independent advisory firm Kejriwal Research.The company’s ability to raise funds has been substantially impaired and the business has been brought to a standstill with there being minimal/virtually no disbursements, DHFL said in the note accompanying the results.”The most concerning thing in the result is that increased provisioning amount of 32.8 billion rupees ($478.5 million), which has suddenly come up in Q4FY19,” said Hemindra Hazari, an independent banking analyst, adding this implies either a sudden asset deterioration or that stressed assets are finally getting recognised.”This is not a great sign,” said Hazari.DHFL’s results are the latest sign of growing stress in India’s finance sectors as state-owned banks grapple with bad debts and a recent liquidity crunch in the shadow banking industry.This, in turn, has hurt economic growth, which in the March quarter fell to its lowest level in more than four years, presenting a challenge to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who recently won a second term in office.RESTRUCTURING PLAN DHFL has said it is talking to bankers and other lenders on restructuring its borrowings and is in discussions to sell its retail and wholesale portfolio.The company will submit a resolution plan shortly, which may include extending the tenure of loans, converting debt into equity, seeking additional working capital and inducting a new management team and financial investors, sources who attended a meeting with its lenders on Thursday told Reuters.”We are in constant touch with the DHFL management and we’re confident that a resolution plan can be worked out in the coming days,” said one of the bankers involved in the recovery process, requesting anonymity.Still, investors say the company’s dire warnings about its financial situation raising doubts around the “ability of the company to continue as a going concern,” will remain in focus when markets open on Monday.”The losses are not surprising but the quantum is definitely surprising,” SP Tulsian, an independent investment adviser told television channel CNBC TV18.”I don’t accept these arguments about the company finding a solution in the next couple of months as that seems unlikely,” he said, noting that DHFL’s management has been trying to sell assets for the last four to six months.
BTRCThe Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) on Thursday directed all International Internet Gateways (IIG) to shut down another 1279 pornographic websites, reports UNB.”IIG already has started shutting down various kinds of porn sites following the order of the BTRC,” said Emdadul Haque, general secretary of Internet Service Providers Association of Bangladesh (ISPAB).He also said, “We welcome the government initiative to keep internet safe through shutting down porn sites. This will help to keep internet service safe.”This is the regulatory body’s third move within two weeks as it ordered the International Internet Gateway (IIG) on 6 Feb to shut 244 porn sites and on 8 Feb to close 1300 others.Earlier in November 2016, the High Court directed the government to take initiative to block pornography websites and following the order, BTRC had blocked about five hundred such sites at that time.