11 days agoCraddock urges Wolves to keep Arsenal target Boly

first_imgCraddock urges Wolves to keep Arsenal target Bolyby Paul Vegas11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Wolves skipper Jody Craddock is a fan of Willy Boly.Arsenal have been linked with Boly, who Wolves signed for £10m from Porto in the summer of 2018.“We definitely want him to stay at Wolves as he’s been doing so well, but he probably could walk into another team higher up the table,” Craddock told the Express & Star.“Hopefully, he doesn’t. But when you’ve got these players and they’re playing well, there’s always going to be clubs sniffing around them.”Then, it’s down to Wolves to do the job and keep hold of him if we want to step up to the table ourselves.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Read More

$40 Million to Clean Drains in Kingston and St. Andrew

first_img Approximately $40 million has been set aside to carry out major drain cleaning across Kingston and St. Andrew. Story Highlights This was disclosed by Mayor of Kingston, Senator Councillor Delroy Williams, during yesterday’s (July 11) sitting of the Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation at its Church Street offices in downtown Kingston. Approximately $40 million has been set aside to carry out major drain cleaning across Kingston and St. Andrew.The annual programme, which started in May, seeks to reduce the flooding that usually occurs during rainy periods.This was disclosed by Mayor of Kingston, Senator Councillor Delroy Williams, during yesterday’s (July 11) sitting of the Kingston and St. Andrew Municipal Corporation at its Church Street offices in downtown Kingston.“We have started it; we have cleaned a number of critical drains (and) the programme continues,” he said.The Mayor informed that drains in Harbour View and Bull Bay, as well as along Spanish Town Road, have already been cleaned. He added that drains along the coastline spanning all divisions will be cleaned.“We continue to monitor those drains… as they are critical to our city,” the Mayor said.He pointed out that the programme is maintained through the Corporation’s Parochial Revenue Fund (PRF), which is received on a monthly basis. “So, basically, as the funds become available, we clean and we observe and ensure that the drains are kept clean, especially the ones that are critical and are in flood-prone areas,” he said.In the meantime, the Mayor is urging Jamaicans to properly dispose of their garbage and not to throw it in gullies or drains, as this usually results in blocked drains that lead to flooding when it rains. In the meantime, the Mayor is urging Jamaicans to properly dispose of their garbage and not to throw it in gullies or drains, as this usually results in blocked drains that lead to flooding when it rains. last_img read more

Read More

Klopp ended rumours about his players fitness

first_imgJürgen Klopp decided not to use three of his key players in the Merseyside derby as Mohamed Salah, Andrew Robertson and Roberto Firmino were not included into the starting eleven and the coach explained why.After the starting eleven had been revealed, the Liverpool fans started to worry about the fitness of their team’s crucial players but Jürgen Klopp insisted that he expects them all to be back for the match against City.The German coach spoke about the absence of this trio as he said that all of them will be available for the next game against Manchester City, according to Talk Sport:divock origi, liverpoolReport: Origi cause Klopp injury concerns George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Divock Origi injury in today’s game against Newcastle is a cause for concern for Jurgen Klopp.Perhaps with one eye on Tuesday’s trip to Italy…“Mo, he’s injured. I don’t think it is really serious and he can be available for Tuesday but for today he wasn’t available.“It’s the same with Andy Robertson.“Bobby’s out, he’s played a lot of games for us obviously and we have two fresh strikers there.”last_img read more

Read More

Jorginho enjoying Chelsea adventure – agent

first_imgThe agent of Jorginho insists that his client is enjoying his Chelsea “adventure” and is surprised by the club’s Neapolitan fanbaseThe Italian midfielder has settled in well at Stamford Bridge and has proved to be a valuable alley for his new teammates as they adapt to new manager Maurizio Sarri’s playing style.And his agent, Joao Santos, feels that the move to Chelsea has been a success so far.“Jorginho has started his adventure at Chelsea very well,” he told Radio CRC, via Football-Italia.“He’s already integrated himself, plus he also speaks English well, so he’s not having any problems settling.Tammy Abraham, ChelseaChelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.“When a player is good, he can play in any League. Stereotypes matter little. If a player has quality, they can make the grade anywhere.”Santos also revealed that 50 Neapolitans greeted Jorginho at the end of Chelsea’s 3-2 win over Arsenal in Saturday’s London derby.“He’s very happy with how the match against Arsenal went. There were 50 Neapolitans who cheered him on and asked for photos and autographs,” he said.“This is why we love Naples and we’ll continue to. Their support has continued in London. Jorginho has many friends in Naples, like Mertens and Insigne.“He heard from them after Napoli’s win against Lazio and complimented the team.”last_img read more

Read More

Jimmy Case pleads for patience with Mark Hughes

first_imgEnglish retired footballer Jimmy Case points out that although Mark Hughes’ record from his first 16 league games is worse than any Saints manager since George Burley, patience is all the team needs, stating that Cherries are reaping the benefits of Eddie Howe’s longevity.“Eddie Howe has been at Bournemouth six years and they look settled as a team as a result,” said Case.“But Southampton have had six managers in that time and again there is talk about certain managers coming in.“I like Mark Hughes and the way his teams play and I think he needs a bit more time” case said via Bournemouthecho.“Some people shout from the terraces ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ but when a new manager comes in it takes time to find out about your players and the best formation to use.“They look a bit tentative but whether they know the way they should be playing or are trying to find his way, I don’t know. I think they are just lacking a couple of results.”Case, haven spent the 1991-92 season at Dean Court after six years in Saints’ midfield under Chris Nicholl, added: “I have an affinity with both clubs.“I played for Southampton against Bournemouth years ago and it’s certainly been a turnabout.Eddie Howe pleased with attacking poise, but feels Wilson was too honest Stuart Heath – August 25, 2019 A.F.C Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe felt as though his striker Callum Wilson was too honest against Manchester City and may have won a penalty,…“When I left Bournemouth, Harry Redknapp and the chairman came to me and said they would have to let me go.“Although I was 39, I’d played nearly all the games but that was a moment when the banks had just come in and anyone at the end of their contract had to leave.“I said I would go on half money just to keep playing but me and Kevin Bond had to leave.“I used to have a cup of tea with the groundsman next to the lawnmowers in his shed underneath the stands!“They have come a hell of a long way since then.“They have a squad together that can maintain a push beyond mid-table and they have started really well.“As well as being a settled side, they have quality in there with forwards like Callum Wilson and Josh King”last_img read more

Read More

Cech Our target is top four

first_imgArsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech says the club’s big objective in the Premier League this season is to get into the top four.After their 3-0 FA Cup win at Blackpool on Saturday evening, Cech outlined their targets and objectives for the season.Arsenal are in 5th place and trailing fourth-placed Chelsea by three points, but a resurgent Manchester United side is breathing down their necks with just three points separating them.“Personally I love the competition,” Cech told the club’s website.“I haven’t played it much in my career but most of the time I played at the end and I have five [winners’ medals].“I am very proud of them because it is a great competition to win and something to remember and something to look at one day when you retire.“The FA Cup final is a special occasion for any player playing in England.Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“Our priority is to get into the top four [so we can] be in the Champions League and then you want to progress and evolve as a club, as a team.“We have a new manager and obviously we set our targets so if we can win a trophy together in the first season it would be a good achievement.“You play every game to win and this time we were in the FA Cup, we have the tradition as a club to do well and if we can win it, we’d like to do so.“It is the same with the Europa League – we started really well and are in the last 32.“These are two targets but the Premier League remains a big objective, to get into the top four.”last_img read more

Read More

27yearold woman shot and killed in Skyline

first_img KUSI Newsroom, 27-year-old woman shot and killed in Skyline Posted: August 25, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A 27-year-old woman was shot to death Saturday when she got out of a vehicle and approached another vehicle in the Skyline neighborhood of San Diego, authorities said.The shooting was reported about 5:30 p.m. at South Meadowbrook and Skyline drives, San Diego police Lt. Matt Dobbs said.“The initial investigation has revealed the victim was driving northbound on South Meadowbrook Drive in a vehicle with her companion,” Dobbs said. “They stopped behind another vehicle for a red light at Skyline Drive. The victim exited her vehicle and approached the second vehicle,” he said. It was described as a black two-door Mercedes-Benz driven by a black man in his 20s to 30s.“Witnesses reported hearing a possible gunshot and the victim stumbled away before collapsing in a parking lot,” Dobbs said. “The second vehicle drove away northbound on Meadowbrook Drive.”Lifesaving efforts were begun and the woman was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead, he said. Her name was withheld pending notification of kin.Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to call homicide detectives at (619) 531-2293 or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477. August 25, 2018 KUSI Newsroom last_img read more

Read More

National Womens Conference Returns To Houston To Celebrate 40 Years

first_img X Listen https://en.wikipedia.org/Rosalynn Carter with Betty Ford and Ladybird Johnson at the 1977 National Women’s Conference in Houston. 00:00 /06:11 center_img To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: Courtesy – UH LibrariesA publication from the first National Women’s Conference in 1977, which was held in Houston.In 1977, the first-ever National Women’s Conference took place in Houston.This came after the United Nations proclaimed 1975 as the International Women’s Year, which spurred then-President Gerald Ford to create a commission promoting equality between genders. President Jimmy Carter continued that initiative, which eventually lead to the first conference.Now, 40 years later, the conference is returning to Houston for a two-day conference Nov. 6-7 featuring presentations on a variety of topics related to women’s rights and the politics of the past 40 years.Houston Matters previews the conference with Leandra Zarnow, assistant professor of history at the University of Houston, Robin Paoli, the leader of Houston Women March, and Marjorie Spruill, one of the conference’s keynote speakers. Sharelast_img read more

Read More

NDA destroying key institutions TMC to save country Mamata

first_imgKolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday slammed the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre for allegedly destroying key Indian institutions such as the CBI and the RBI. The Trinamool Congress (TMC) could play a vital role in saving the country from such destructions, the party supremo said. “They (the NDA government) are destroying institutions. They are trying to change the way the RBI and the CBI function. The party that has made ‘building statues’ its poll agenda will itself become a statue after the coming Lok Sabha election,” she told a party meeting here. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal life Banerjee, who gave a call for a mega rally at the Brigade Parade Ground here in January, said the saffron party is only interested in creating communal divisions by updating National Register of Citizens (NRC). “The TMC will not tolerate such exercises. The party will play a bigger role in the coming days to save the country from the BJP,” she asserted. The CM also said that she would invite all opposition leaders to the TMC rally in January and put up a united fight against the BJP. “BJP hatao, desh bachao will be our slogan at the rally,” she stated. Referring to the BJP’s scheduled ‘rath yatra’ in the state next month, Banerjee said, “The saffron party is organising a political ‘yatra’. Our workers, on the other hand, will organise ‘ekta yatra’, aimed at uniting all communities.”last_img read more

Read More

New Town to soon get first Primary Health Centre

first_imgKolkata: The first Primary Health Centre (PHC) in New Town will be opened shortly.The centre will be manned by a specialised doctor and the facility will be expanded over a period of time. It may be mentioned that New Town is coming up as a medical hub and many private players have set up their hospitals and medical centres in the area. They are also treating every type of disease including cancer. However, the need for setting up a state-run institution was urgently felt as a part of the expansion of the net of state-run health establishments. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BoseIt may be recalled that availing treatment in a state-run medical establishment in Bengal has become completely free. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has also said that to get the best quality treatment, people from neighbouring states and countries are coming to Bengal. Bengal is the only state in the country where heart transplantation and kidney transplantation are done free of cost in the state-run hospitals. In this backdrop, the PHC in New Town is also expected to provide quality treatment to the patients, free of cost.last_img read more

Read More

Sky has updated its Sky app to include an enhance

first_imgSky has updated its Sky+ app to include an enhanced search service that will let users discover TV shows by cast names, actors and key words.Rolling out on the Sky+ app for Android, this auto-generates suggestions as a user types a word, based on current popular TV search terms. Sky said the intelligent search will also develop and evolve as more customers run searches via the Sky+ app.At the same time, on-demand listings have been added to the Sky+ app on Android, so that customers can browse catch up content, TV box sets, Sky Movies and the Sky Store.When the Sky+ app is connected to a Sky+HD box via WiFi customers will also be able to download the show they want to watch to their Sky+HD box, the firm said.last_img

Read More

SDLP Health Spokesperson Mark H Durkan has urged p

first_img SDLP Health Spokesperson Mark H Durkan has urged people of all ages to collectively practice and encourage safer internet usage. He was commenting amid public outcry for social media giants who own the likes of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to tackle harmful content negatively influencing the mental health of young people.Said the Foyle MLA: “Social media can be a wonderful tool when used with care, however harmful and at times graphic content which often slips through the net, can have a devastating impact on those already suffering from poor mental health. “We must make a conscientious effort, as online users, to report harmful material, to practice safer online usage and remove this scourge from social platforms. “We must also invest in public information campaigns to educate school children on how to safely navigate social media.“It is clear we need to deliver a realistic approach to what is a labyrinthine task. “By taking small steps to change how we use social media and by informing our young people on safe usage, together we can create safer online communities,” added Mr Durkan.Durkan urges social media vigilance over mental health fears to young people was last modified: January 30th, 2019 by John2John2 Tags: Durkan urges social media vigilance over mental health fears to young peopleFacebookFOYLE MLAINSTAGRAMMark H DurkanSDLPSOCIAL MEDIATwitter “Due to algorithms, the ‘bread and butter’ of these social platforms, negative content is pushed towards those individuals already experiencing depression or suicidal thoughts, essentially those most likely to engage with the content.“It would be myopic to suggest that the onus falls on social media companies. “Of course, they have a duty to implement tighter restrictions and review enforcement policies- yet the reality remains that some material will inevitably filter through. “This is a global issue and as such is extremely difficult to police- perhaps an even greater task for parents of teenagers who want to afford them some degree of privacy. ShareTweetlast_img read more

Read More