14 March 2012 South Africa is seeking international funding for its multi-billion rand water infrastructure building plans, Deputy Water Affairs Minister Rejoice Mabudafhasi said at the World Water Forum (WWF) in Marseille, France on Tuesday.“We’ve got countries coming forward and offering us technology. They’re saying they’d like to partner with us,” Mabudafhasi said after opening a joint South Africa-Lesotho display at the WWF.Asked if South Africa was hoping to attract foreign capital for its plan to spend more than R60-billion on water infrastructure over the next three years, she said: “Yes, that is why we have this stand. We need funding for infrastructure.”Mabudafhasi declined to reveal any details, or to say whether a big deal was imminent. “We are still talking,” she told Sapa.The display-stand at the WWF includes a backdrop photograph of the giant Khatse Dam in Lesotho, the main reservoir for the Lesotho Highlands Water Project (LHWP).One of the biggest projects in the worldThe project, one of the biggest of its kind in the world, supplies water from Lesotho to South Africa’s industrial heartland, Gauteng.Phase two of the project, which includes the building of a second big dam in Lesotho, as well as the boring of a 38km-long tunnel, is set to start supplying water in July 2020. It will cost an estimated R15.4-billion.Cutting a ribbon to officially open the display, Mabudafhasi described the LHWP as a “classic example” of how to manage water across a border.“Both countries benefit from the water that flows from the mountain kingdom of Lesotho. It’s a classical example of [trans-border] water management.”Lesotho benefited from the revenue it received, and from the jobs the project had created in that country; South Africa benefited from an assured supply of water for Gauteng.Posing for photographs with officials from the Lesotho Highlands Water Commission, the deputy minister assured them: “We won’t waste a drop.”Growing demand for waterShe also noted that urban migration and ageing infrastructure had put a strain on the delivery of water and the provision of sanitation in South Africa.Supplying rural areas and meeting the demands of the country’s growing economy were also contributing factors.Asked to comment on forecasts of a water crunch in South Africa about a decade from now, she said: “We’re very confident our water won’t get finished.”The exhibition hall where she was speaking had a water problem of its own around midday on Tuesday.While several of the country stands inside the hall displayed dozens of ingenious water and sanitation devices, a queue was forming outside the door of the venue’s single, three-toilet restroom.Sapa
Related Posts Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Mozilla, the organization behind the popular Firefox browser, just announced a major refresh of its security bounty program. When Mozilla instituted this program in 2004, the organization paid security researchers $500 for discovering eligible security bugs. For new bugs, Mozilla will now pay $3,000. The organization cites the fact that “the security environment has changed tremendously” as the main reason for the increase. In addition, Mozilla also clarified that the bounty program includes Firefox, as well as the Thunderbird email client and Mozilla’s mobile products like the newly released Firefox Home tool for the iPhone.To be eligible for the $3,000 reward, bugs must be original and previously unreported. The security bug must also be a remote exploit and can’t be caused by a third-party plugin or extension. Bugs can be reported confidentially through Mozilla’s bug tracking software, though Mozilla will also pay when researchers disclose security bugs publicly. The organization, however, encourages researchers to disclose these security issues privately.Only a few Mozilla products are ineligible for the bounty program. The Mozilla Suite, an all-in-one Internet application suite that resembles the old Netscape Communicator product, isn’t eligible, for example, as Mozilla stopped development on this program in 2008.$1,337: What Others PayA number of other companies have established similar bounty programs. Google, for example, pays $500 for “interesting and original” security vulnerabilities in Chrome and $1,337 for severe bugs. Some researchers, however, have called Google’s $500 bounty “insulting.” When Google established this program, it cited Mozilla’s $500 bounty as the reason for choosing this price, so it will be interesting to see if Google will also bring its bug bounty up to $3,000 as well. frederic lardinois Tags:#Browsers#news#web 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…
A fire broke out in the front coach of Kalka-Howrah train on Tuesday, however, no one was injured, a Railway Police official said.The blaze erupted in a seating cum luggage coach in the early hours between Dhirpur to Dhoda Khedia railway stations near Kurukshetra, Haryana, he said.“Smoke filled the SLR bogie (Seating cum Luggage Rake), which is next to the engine. The train was brought to a halt and all the passengers were safely evacuated when smoke was noticed,” the official said.“The bogie caught fire later and fire tenders were called. Three women and two children, who complained of difficulty in breathing as they had inhaled smoke, were provided medical attention,” he added.Short circuit?As per preliminary details, an electrical short circuit was believed to be the reason behind the fire, he said, adding that forensic experts had been called to ascertain the exact cause.The train which had started from Kalka in Haryana in the early morning was headed to Howrah.After the incident, the train was held up for more than two hours before the affected bogie was detached and placed about 50 to 60 metres away. Rail traffic on the route was also affected, he said.
Lance Stephenson, who blew into LeBron James’ ear during a playoff game, drawing criticism from around the NBA, blew $17 million by signing with the Charlotte Hornets instead of re-signing with the Indiana Pacers.Stephenson apparently considered the Pacers’ five-year, $44 million offer an insult and instead signed on with the Hornets for a deal worth $27 million, according to league sources.The mercurial swingman met with Hornets owner Michael Jordan, general manager Rich Cho, head coach Steve Clifford and associate head coach Patrick Ewing on Tuesday night in Las Vegas. The move ends Stephenson’s productive yet controversial time in Indiana.Stephenson, who led the league in triple-doubles, felt the Pacers’ offer was “low ball.” The Charlotte contract pays him $200,000 more per year, but the overall value is much lower than what Indiana offered him. At the end of the day, he left $17 million in guaranteed money on the table.There is a chance this could end up being a smart move for Stephenson. He will be just 26 when his contract with the Hornets is up in the summer of 2017. With the salary cap set to skyrocket in the wake of the league’s new TV rights deals, Stephenson could be well positioned to cash in if he continues to grow as a player.“Reports throughout the negotiation process with Indiana have often strayed from the truth, but suffice it to say that it was less about the money,” Stephenson’s agent Alberto Ebanks said in a statement. “Lance will miss the city, the team and the mentor who helped transform him into the dynamic player he has become. He looks forward to making a strong contribution and beginning a new chapter with the Charlotte Hornets. … While we tried our best to come to the best possible terms for both sides, there was not sufficient flexibility in the terms of the contract, particularly the length of the contract.”The Pacers were unwilling to offer Stephenson a shorter deal, spanning two or three years, sources said. Indiana was also unwilling to increase its offer.Stephenson, who challenged James in the regular season and fought with teammate Evan Turner in practice, would have signed a two-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks for $20 million had the Houston Rockets matched the Mavs’ offer to Chandler Parsons. But the Rockets let Parsons go, opening the way for Jordan and the Hornets.Like many teams, the Hornets, while fans of Stephenson’s play, had concerns about his antics and attitude. But sources say those concerns were alleviated in Tuesday’s face-to-face meeting.
This week’s issue of New York includes a note to readers on the table of contents page explaining that HSBC’s advertisements had no impact on editorial content. The note reads, in part: “Because this is an unusual event, we thought it worth reminding you that the ads and editorial matter in New York are always completely independent of one another, this issue included.” While most consumer magazines have been hit hard by the economy in 2008, New York magazine has been essentially flat through the first three quarters, with ad pages dipping 1.7 percent.The New Yorker, by contrast, has seen its ad pages plummet 22.3 percent over the same period. Joining a small but growing list of publishers to turn over their magazines to a single sponsor, New York magazine this week sold 24 front-of-book advertising pages to HSBC, the European bank—making it the magazine’s largest single-issue advertiser ever.“New York magazine and nymag.com are vehicles for marketers who want to make a strong and immediate impact with an influential audience,” said New York Media publisher Larry Burstein.HSBC’s campaign is part of a series of 17 ads—some spreads, others full page—which touts the campaign message “different values make the world a richer place.” The statement appears on covers two and four of the magazine and appears as pop-up as an interstitial on New York’s Web site.New York isn’t the first to sell so many pages to one advertiser. Target famously sponsored an entire issue of the New Yorker in 2005. In August, ABC Television sponsored an entire issue of TV Guide.
SUVs Luxury cars Future Cars Enlarge ImageTalk about getting off to a good start. Andrew Krok/Roadshow When a car is more efficient, less expensive and more powerful than its also-new competition, that sounds like a pretty good start. Lincoln should have plenty to celebrate this week, then, now that fuel economy numbers are out for the base-trim 2020 Aviator.According to newly published EPA figures, the 2020 Lincoln Aviator in base, rear-wheel drive trim is rated at 18 miles per gallon city, 26 mpg highway and 21 combined. It’s still more expensive than your average vehicle, which is why the EPA estimates that Aviator owners will spend $2,250 more in fuel costs over five years when compared to the average new car.That’s not bad, considering its engine is a 3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V6 that puts out 400 horsepower and 400 pound-feet of torque. Its starting price is $52,195, which includes destination, and adding AWD will tack another $2,500 on to the price, likely lowering fuel economy a bit in the process.Let’s compare that to the Aviator’s also-new competitor, the 2020 Cadillac XT6. It’s rated just a smidge lower than the Aviator at 18 mpg city, 25 highway and 20 combined. Yet, it’s a more expensive proposition at $53,690 including destination. Front-wheel drive is standard, as opposed to the Aviator’s standard RWD. Most surprising, though, is the huge output delta between these two — the XT6’s naturally-aspirated 3.6-liter V6 only musters 310 hp and 271 lb-ft. Yikes. The XT6 is also down a cog in its automatic transmission, packing 9 compared to the Aviator’s 10.The 2020 Cadillac XT6 goes on sale this summer, around the same time the Aviator does. It’ll be interesting to see how both perform, not only against each other, but against the greater midsize luxury SUV segment. 1:26 Lincoln Cadillac More From Roadshow Review • 2019 Lincoln Navigator: Bigger and better More about 2019 Lincoln Navigator 2020 Lincoln Aviator takes off at LA Auto Show 58 Photos 2020 Lincoln Aviator plug-in hybrid first drive: This changes everything Tags 2020 Lincoln Aviator first drive: Stylish SUV takes flight with smart tech Share your voice 1 2020 Cadillac XT6 first drive: Sometimes ‘more’ is more Comment The sky’s the limit in the 2020 Lincoln Aviator Now playing: Watch this: Lincoln Cadillac
Budget carrier AirAsia’s Indian arm on Sunday launched a week-long sale offer for its entire network with one-way tickets at prices as low as ₹699, including taxes.The offer comes as part of the Malaysia-based parent company’s ‘Big Sale’ with three million promotional seats on its network from Kuala Lumpur, with the starting fare of ₹2,599 for international flights operated by AirAsia Berhad and Thai AirAsia, the airline said in a statement.AirAsia’s offer of ₹2,599 would be available on flights from Chennai, Kochi, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Tiruchirappalli and Hyderabad to Kuala Lumpur operated by AirAsia Berhad and Chennai to Bangkok flown by Thai AirAsia, the release added.AirAsia India is offering an all inclusive one-way fare starting from ₹699 for flights from Bengaluru to Chennai, Kochi, Goa, Jaipur and Chandigarh and vice versa.Tickets can be booked on Airasia’s website from Sunday night till Nov 16, for travel period from June 10 next year to Jan 17, 2016, the company said.”The ‘Big Sale’ offer would allow our guests to plan their travel early with extremely low fares,” said AirAsia India chief executive Mittu Chandilya.
Game of Thrones season 8 episode 4Game of Thrones (@gameofthrones/Instagram)Game of Thrones season 8 episode 4 “The Last of the Starks” is leaked on multiple torrent websites hours before its official release on HBO and other streaming sites like Hotstar and Sky Atlantic. As of now, HD-720p is currently available for illegal streaming on several online websites.When it comes to piracy and illegal download, it won’t be wrong to say that Game of Thrones is the king. Millions of fans choose to download the episodes from torrent website. Apart from downloading the episodes, illegal sharing of content is also very common these days. The torrent download and illegal streaming affect the studio in the long run and as many states that this is not a healthy practice.Game of Thrones season 8 episodes were made available online by hackers just after the release of the episodes. Episode 2 “Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” was apparently leaked online before the streaming of it on HBO by Amazon Germany. The mistake was soon rectified but fans were quick to grab screenshots of the episode and they spoiled the content by posting them on social media websites.At the same time, there are hundreds of subreddits available where fans are currently discussing and sharing the illegal Game of Thrones season 8 episode 4 as the recent episode is being leaked in Thailand. It won’t be long when 1080p versions of Game of Thrones’ latest episode will be made available for illegal downloading.Game of Thrones season 8 episode 4 featured the aftermath of Game of Thrones season 8 episode 3 “The Long Night.” As revealed from the released promo, Jon Snow and others first burnt the body of every dead being in order to protect the living. We all know that Night King is dead and his origin story will be discussed in Game of Thrones spinoff. That being said, there are several theories that suggest that Night King will return before HBO’s epic fantasy series will wrap this May.That being said, Game of Thrones season 8 episode 4 “The Last of the Starks” is also important for one other thing — this would be the first time when Daenerys Targaryen and Jon Snow will talk about Jon’s real parentage. If Daenerys agrees to Bran Stark and Samwell Tarly’s statements then she will be accompanying Jon in his battle against Cersei Lannister else she will end all of her connection with her romantic partner and will march alone to defeat Euron Greyjoy’s army.
IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:01/1:41Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-1:40?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Close The Shapoorji Pallonji Group is planning to sell its solar and road assets by March 2020 to reduce its debt by approximately Rs 4,000 crore. The company told Bloomberg that they are in talks with prospective investors to execute their plans of selling their assets as well as bringing in investors for their port business.The 154-year old group witnessed a massive downgrade of its flagship firm Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. due to the slowdown in the core sector. Responding to the slowdown, the company is planning the sale to improve its balance sheet and credit ratings amid the slowdown in the non-banking financial sector (NBFCs). Real estateAccording to MoneyControl, the Pallonji Group might face hardship in getting a desirable deal in return for their assets during the economic downturn. “There are many sweet deals, giving investors plenty to choose from. The group may have to sell at a discount,” Mathew Antony, managing partner at Aditya Consultancy, told Bloomberg.The real estate vertical has been sustaining prolonged lender pressure while telecommunication majors like Reliance Group and Essel Group have been facing financial challenges. Economy Slowdown (Representational Image) ReutersWith bad loans and non-performing assets of major companies piling up due to the liquidity crisis and the slowdown in the sales, the banks have thin-lined their credits to certain sectors.However, Shapoorji Pallonji filed a total revenue of about Rs 50,000 crore in the financial year 2018-19. The company employs more than 60,000 people. The real estate giant, despite the slowing real estate sector, has been performing better than most of its peers. Demonetisation destroyed smaller medium industry: P Chidambaram