Tag: 上海 fl ty gm 2020

Permit Extension Announced for Lake Ontario Flood Repairs

first_imgSenator Pam Helming earlier this week announced that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has extended the application deadline for the Lake Ontario General Permit as well as the expiration date of the permit. According to an official statement, this will allow property owners affected by last year’s devastating Lake Ontario flooding and the resulting shoreline erosion and damage to continue to make necessary repairs to their homes and businesses.The extension means the DEC will accept applications through April 30, 2019, and work must be completed by September 30, 2019.“Many residents and businesses along the southern shore of Lake Ontario are still grappling with the aftermath and trying to get their homes, businesses, and lives back in order after last year’s flooding. Extending the application deadline and expiration date for the Lake Ontario General Permit will ensure that property owners have the time they need to complete the work they need to do and fully repair their homes and businesses,” Senator Helming said.The DEC has also revised the permit to allow property owners to undertake additional work to restore their homes and businesses and stabilize their properties against high water levels and wind-driven high wave events.These activities include:Repair of erosion control structures that require minor deviations necessary for the stability of the structure;New toe stone necessary for the stabilization of vertical erosion control structures;New stone revetments for the emergency stabilization of existing dwellings;Removal of channel blockages in tributaries to Lake Ontario blocked by shoreline sediments.last_img read more

Read More

Barcelona lands coveted midfielder Frenkie de Jong on $85.4M deal

first_img“Everyone knows that I think Barcelona is a beautiful club, but I don’t know if I should see my career as a city trip.”What you’ve all been waiting for… pic.twitter.com/gDE1mujMLF— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) January 23, 2019De Jong becomes the third major Barca signing of the transfer window following the arrivals of Jeison Murillo and Kevin-Prince Boateng on loan from Valencia and Sassuolo, respectively.Ajax center-back Matthijs de Ligt, 19, has also been linked with a switch to LaLiga’s reigning champions. Barcelona has signed Frenkie de Jong for an initial €75million (approx. $85.4 million), with the coveted Ajax midfielder set to join on a five-year deal for the start of the 2019-20 season.Previously linked with Manchester City, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain, de Jong has opted for Camp Nou but will remain in the Eredivisie for the rest of the season. Barca has agreed to pay a potential €11m (approx. $12.5 million) in variables for the 21-year-old midfielder, who has helped Ajax reach the last 16 of the Champions League this term.De Jong has developed into one of the hottest talents in European football, and it is Barca that has won the race for his signature.With the arrival of Frenkie De Jong we add talent, youth and Barça style to our sporting project. We are convinced that he will be a key part of our team for years to come. Welcome, Frenkie! pic.twitter.com/9HCHmrlqvj— Josep Maria Bartomeu (@jmbartomeu) January 23, 2019″With the arrival of Frenkie de Jong we add talent, youth and Barca style to our sporting project,” wrote club president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Twitter. “We are convinced that he will be a key part of our team for years to come. Welcome, Frenkie!”Barca has a strong history of Dutch players, with icons such as Johan Cruyff and Ronald Koeman having represented the Catalan club.De Jong will also join a fellow Netherlands international at Camp Nou, with Jasper Cillessen — who also moved to Barca from Ajax — already on the club’s books.De Jong told Fox Sports recently he wanted clarity over his future, with City, Madrid and PSG all reportedly keen to snap him up.”I’m not going to make a hasty decision, but I’d like to be clear about it myself pretty quickly,” he said. “I do not know if I’ll make it known to the public.”De Jong had also hinted Barca would not necessarily be his next club when he added: “When I was in Barcelona, people thought I would join them, but that’s not the case.last_img read more

Read More

Browns will have zero-tolerance policy with newly signed Kareem Hunt, GM says

first_img Browns sign RB Kareem Hunt, still facing discipline for off-field incidents “We’ve done our extensive research,’’ Dorsey said, via Cleveland.com. “He’s extremely remorseful for that. I’ve always believed that if a person wants to better themselves and be a better person, I’m willing to give them a chance. I truly believe he’ll be a better man today than he was yesterday.”Dorsey, who spent four seasons as the Chiefs general manager, has made other contentious moves in the past. The year before he selected Hunt in the 2017 draft, he picked up receiver Tyreek Hill in the fifth round. Hill pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery of his then-pregnant girlfriend in 2015. Related News Dorsey added: “Let’s find out what’s in that person, and I truly, in my heart of hearts, believe there is a humble soul within that person. He owns up to it, he admits it. He understands the magnitude of it and he wants to prove to people that it was an isolated mistake that will never happen again.’’Hunt appeared in 11 games in 2018 and had 824 rushing yards, 378 receiving yards and 14 total touchdowns before his release in late November. According to ESPN, Hunt’s deal is for one year, after which he’ll be a restricted free agent. Hill, who has been selected to three consecutive Pro Bowls since his rookie season, completed three years of probation, community service and anger-management classes, and his case was later expunged. Dorsey joined the Browns organization in 2017 and is willing to extend a similar second chance to Hunt. “I think we’re all appalled by it (in the organization),’’ Dorsey said of the video. “But after doing extensive research, analyzing the situation, we came to the conclusion that I’m willing to help a man from a second chance moving forward to be a better person. My faith tells me that.’’ After the Browns signed running back Kareem Hunt on Monday, general manager John Dorsey addressed the controversial deal.Dorsey spoke with media on two separate occasions and said he will have a zero-tolerance policy for Hunt, who was released by the Chiefs after a video surfaced of him allegedly shoving and kicking a woman in a hallway in a downtown Cleveland hotel.last_img read more

Read More

Pogba injury heaps pressure on Man Utd boss Solskjaer

first_imgFILE PHOTO: Ole Gunnar SolskjaerManchester, United Kingdom | AFP | Paul Pogba is a doubt for Manchester United’s match against Arsenal, giving beleaguered manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a fresh headache as he juggles his scant attacking resources.The France midfielder hurt his ankle again in the League Cup match with Rochdale in midweek on his return to the side after not playing since late August.Pogba played the whole game as United edged past the League One team on penalties after a 1-1 draw but he did not take a penalty and did not attend a team bonding dinner at Juan Mata’s restaurant after the game.Solskjaer revealed on Friday that his ankle knock was the reason he did not join his teammates.“The situation is Paul finished the game, 90 minutes fantastically, but he got a knock to his ankle which is very swollen,” said Solskjaer.“So it was better for him not to go there with the team and he’s in a race for Monday. He is a doubt, but that is the way it is.”Forwards Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford are also facing a battle to be fit for Monday’s game at Old Trafford, with Solskjaer short of attacking options.Martial is still trying to recover from a thigh injury sustained last month while Rashford limped off with a groin problem in the 2-0 defeat at West Ham on Sunday.If neither of those two makes it, Mason Greenwood will be in line to start his first Premier League game. The 17-year-old has scored in each of United’s past two home games, against Astana in the Europa League and then against Rochdale, so his manager would have no qualms about throwing him in against the Gunners.“Mason has proven that when he is in the box, he’s dangerous,” said the Norwegian. “What has pleased me about him is that he doesn’t turn down chances to finish.“We have managed him as you can’t just throw him in the deep end all the time. But he has proved in those games he is ready for it.”United are currently languishing in eighth spot in the Premier League with eight points from their six matches and only one league win in the past five.It is not the start that United fans were hoping for, but Solskjaer said the team were making progress.“I never said it was going to be easy this season,” he said. “There are going to be bumps in the road, highs and lows. But when we lose a game, we have to trust ourselves and what we are doing.“We have to keep our eyes on the prize and the principles we believe in. It is a team that is evolving and improving. There are no issues with the attitude, the work rate, the desire.“You can see the boys want to impress, and want to do well.”Share on: WhatsApplast_img read more

Read More

The Ladies’ Golf Union and the R&A to merge

first_img Martin Slumbers, Chief Executive of The R&A, said, “The LGU and The R&A have a wealth of experience in running successful championships and we have a shared focus on supporting the development of golf. The merger will enable us to capitalise on the strengths of the two organisations for the wider benefit of the sport, including the development of golf for women and girls. The Ladies’ Golf Union (LGU) and The R&A are to proceed with a merger of the two organisations. Martin Slumbers, Chief Executive of The R&A, said, “The LGU and The R&A have a wealth of experience in running successful championships and we have a shared focus on supporting the development of golf. The merger will enable us to capitalise on the strengths of the two organisations for the wider benefit of the sport, including the development of golf for women and girls. An announcement was made in February 2015 that a potential merger between the LGU and The R&A was under consideration. Since then discussions have taken place between the respective Boards and the LGU’s shareholders – England Golf, Scottish Golf, the Golf Union of Wales and the Irish Ladies Golfing Union – and there has been unanimous support for the proposal. 22 Feb 2016 The Ladies’ Golf Union and the R&A to merge “I would like to thank the Chief Executive of The R&A and his team, and the foresight of his predecessor, for their initiative and conviction in achieving this outcome. Building on the strong relationship it already enjoys with The R&A, the LGU looks forward to realising the potential of this merger.” “This is a historic move and an important step forward for golf on these islands. I would like to thank the LGU Board for their commitment and enthusiasm throughout this process and their stakeholders, including Ricoh and IMG, for their tremendous support.” Following an extensive consultation exercise, agreement has been reached on the merger of the two St Andrews-based bodies with the process due to be completed in the coming months. “This is a historic move and an important step forward for golf on these islands. I would like to thank the LGU Board for their commitment and enthusiasm throughout this process and their stakeholders, including Ricoh and IMG, for their tremendous support.” The Ladies’ Golf Union (LGU) and The R&A are to proceed with a merger of the two organisations. The Ladies’ Golf Union and the R&A to mergecenter_img An announcement was made in February 2015 that a potential merger between the LGU and The R&A was under consideration. Since then discussions have taken place between the respective Boards and the LGU’s shareholders – England Golf, Scottish Golf, the Golf Union of Wales and the Irish Ladies Golfing Union – and there has been unanimous support for the proposal. The LGU organises a series of prestigious championships and international matches including the Ricoh Women’s British Open and the Curtis Cup and the merger will be an opportunity to further develop these world class events. Planning is underway to integrate the staff from both organisations and to implement the agreed governance structure. The LGU’s championships and international matches will run as normal this year with the existing LGU team managing those events. The business operations of the LGU will be brought into The R&A group of companies with effect from 1 January 2017. Following an extensive consultation exercise, agreement has been reached on the merger of the two St Andrews-based bodies with the process due to be completed in the coming months. The LGU organises a series of prestigious championships and international matches including the Ricoh Women’s British Open and the Curtis Cup and the merger will be an opportunity to further develop these world class events. “I would like to thank the Chief Executive of The R&A and his team, and the foresight of his predecessor, for their initiative and conviction in achieving this outcome. Building on the strong relationship it already enjoys with The R&A, the LGU looks forward to realising the potential of this merger.” Trish Wilson, the Chairman of the LGU, said, “‘The LGU has a long and proud tradition of supporting women’s and girls’ golf. Funded by the lady golfers of Great Britain and Ireland, the LGU has positioned golf as a game for all women and girls. My gratitude is due to our shareholders for their foresight and support in this move. Trish Wilson, the Chairman of the LGU, said, “‘The LGU has a long and proud tradition of supporting women’s and girls’ golf. Funded by the lady golfers of Great Britain and Ireland, the LGU has positioned golf as a game for all women and girls. My gratitude is due to our shareholders for their foresight and support in this move. Planning is underway to integrate the staff from both organisations and to implement the agreed governance structure. The LGU’s championships and international matches will run as normal this year with the existing LGU team managing those events. The business operations of the LGU will be brought into The R&A group of companies with effect from 1 January 2017.last_img read more

Read More

Young Mexican team takes hoop dreams to S. Calif.

first_imgMembers of Triqui kids basketball team, made up of children from the mountainous region of Oaxaca, Mexico, greet the Los Angeles Lakers before an NBA basketball game against the Minnesota Timberwolves in Los Angeles, Friday, Dec. 20, 2013. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson)LOS ANGELES (AP) — Their Southern California itinerary is a 10-year-old boy’s dream: Disneyland, a Lakers game and a visit to the Santa Monica beach. But most of the players from a basketball academy in the mountains of southern Mexico haven’t heard of Mickey Mouse.They grew up in isolated villages, and for them, basketball is a ticket to a better life.At home in Oaxaca, the youngsters are so poor that they play without shoes. But they were all wearing sneakers on Friday as they got to slap hands with Lakers players. And after winning an international tournament in Argentina, they’ve been dubbed the “barefoot giants of the mountains.”“Despite having everything against them, these children have shown their strength on the basketball court and won,” said Gerardo Vasquez, president of a federation of Oaxacan immigrant groups in Southern California. “They’ve shown the world that despite their circumstances, they are a light of hope for Oaxacans and Mexicans.”While many Mexicans are soccer fans, in the rugged hills of Oaxaca there are more ball courts than soccer fields. Some say that the modern game echoes the traditional ceremonial game of “ulama,” which was played to the death in stone courts that now stand in ruins.At home in southern Mexico, the 7- to 11-year-old team members live at a boarding school, study Spanish and their native language of Triqui and attend daily three-hour practices.The 17 players come from some of the poorest areas, where “it looks like they’re stuck in the 18th century,” said Sergio Zuniga, chief coach and founder of the Mexican Academy of Indigenous Basketball in the city of Oaxaca.“To see children who only have one meal a day, sharing a plate of beans and one tortilla between three people, isn’t rare,” Zuniga said.Zuniga said his program uses basketball to teach discipline and pride, to help the children graduate high school and perhaps even attend a university.On their first U.S. tour, the youngsters are playing teams from Los Angeles-area Catholic schools, recreation leagues and even an ad-hoc team of reporters from Spanish-language news media. They arrived last Tuesday and will leave after Christmas.The children are usually shorter than their opponents. Zuniga and his team of coaches, teachers and social workers can’t do anything about their genes, and even the 11-year-olds look years away from a teenage growth spurt.On Wednesday night, while Zuniga shouted from the sidelines in Spanish and Triqui, the boys played a scrappy game and kept the score tight against their taller rivals in the Woodland Hills area of Los Angeles. They won.Tobias de Jesus Bautista, 11, said he was undaunted by his opponents’ size.“We have to give double, triple the effort,” Bautista said. “But I think we can compensate for our height by concentrating on our free throws, by being in better physical condition and by being more sure of what we’re doing. We can reach our dreams.”___Associated Press writer Edwin Tamara in Los Angeles contributed to this report.last_img read more

Read More