Justin Bieber steps down from making songs because of deep rooted issues

first_imgJustin BieberReutersJustin Bieber has apparently stepped down from making any songs for the time being, and fans are not only unhappy about it, but they are concerned for the singer too.Bieber has been under mental stress for quite some time and he has been pretty vocal about it. Recently, the ‘Baby’ singer took to Instagram and informed his fans that he will be focusing on his mental health for the time being.In a lengthy message, the singer starts by addressing his fans’ demands, who all badly want an album from him. “I read a lot of messages saying you want an album,” Bieber started his post. “”I’ve toured my whole teenage life, and early 20s, I realized and as you guys probably saw I was unhappy last tour and I don’t deserve that and you don’t deserve that, you pay money to come and have a lively energetic fun light concert and I was unable emotionally to give you that near the end of the tour,” he wrote.Bieber released his last album, Purpose in 2015 and two years later, he ended his tour early due to “unforeseen circumstances.” Later, he explained to his fans about the reason behind he ending his tour early, “I want my career to be sustainable, but I also want my mind heart and soul to be sustainable,” Bieber wrote. So that I can be the man I want to be, the husband I eventually want to be and the father I want to be,” he further added explaining his mental desire at that point of time. Justin BieberJustin Bieber Official Instagram (justinbieber)Since then he got married to model Hailey Baldwin, and in his recent Instagram post, he tried to explain his current situation by addressing them as “deep-rooted issues.””I have been looking, seeking, trial and error as most of us do, I am now very focused on repairing some of the deep-rooted issues that I have as most of us have, so that I don’t fall apart, so that I can sustain my marriage and be the father I want to be,” Bieber explained.  The popstar later consoled his fans by saying that “Music is very important to me but nothing comes before my family and my health. I will come with a kick a** album ASAP, my swag is undeniable and my drive is indescribable his love is supernatural his grace is that reliable…. the top is where I reside period whether I make music or not the king said so,” Bieber said. “But I will come with a vengeance believe that.”last_img read more

Read More

Shikha Sharma never said TaTa protests Axis Bank

first_imgAxis Bank chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) Shikha Sharma.TwitterAxis Bank released a statement that rubbishes the claim of the news report, which said chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) Shikha Sharma is likely to join the Tata Group, The Economic Times (ET) reported. “Your assertions are untrue and unfounded. There is a laid down process that the board undertakes at regular intervals, but to conclude that there is going to be a change of leadership is entirely premature and speculative,” the bank said in a statement.Shikha Sharma is likely to join the Tata Group to lead its financial services vertical, BloombergQuint reported earlier on Tuesday.The report further said that Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran has selected the managing director and chief executive officer of India’s third largest private lender to head the vertical that will include companies like Tata-AIA Life Insurance and Tata Capital.India’s third largest private sector bank, Axis Bank, has appointed executive search firm Egon Zehnder to identify a new CEO as Sharma’s term ends next year, Bloomberg reported earlier this month.Sharma took over as the MD & CEO of Axis Bank in 2009, after a long stint of 29 years with ICICI Bank. She expanded Axis Bank’s operations in corporate and retail lending, besides venturing into investment banking. The bank’s loan book grew more than four-fold to Rs 3.73 lakh crore during her term, the report claimed.”We request you to exercise utmost caution in airing your speculative assertions because such malicious reports may only cause spread of unnecessary apprehensions and concerns that neither is at the best interest of the bank nor its stakeholders,” the Axis Bank statement further said.Sharma and Tata Sons haven’t confirmed anything to media.last_img read more

Read More

Indonesia quake death toll tops 400

first_imgA man gestures next to damaged houses after an earthquake hit the area of Gangga on 12 August 2018. Photo: AFPThe death toll from an earthquake on the Indonesian island of Lombok has topped 400, authorities said Monday, as bodies were still being recovered from the ruins of destroyed buildings.The shallow 6.9-magnitude quake on August 5 levelled tens of thousands of homes, mosques and businesses across Lombok, just a week after another tremor surged through the island and killed 17.“Search and rescue teams are still removing victims who were buried beneath collapsed buildings and landslides,” said national disaster agency spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho.The total number killed in the quake is now 436, Nugroho said, with more than 1,300 injured and nearly 353,000 displaced.The hardest hit region of Lombok has been in the north, where 374 people died and more than 137,000 have been forced from their homes, according to the latest official tolls.Most of the displaced are sleeping under tents or tarpaulins near their ruined homes or in evacuation shelters, while makeshift medical facilities have been set up to treat the injured.Split open roads, particularly in the mountainous north of the island, are still proving to be a major headache for relief agencies trying to distribute aid.Nugroho said three helicopters, including one from the military, have been used to drop supplies to isolated communities, many of which urgently needed clean water, food, bedding and medicine.Meanwhile, the economic toll of the quake -including its impact to buildings, infrastructure and productivity – has ballooned to 5 trillion rupiah ($342 million).“This damage and loss is very large,” said Nugroho, adding the final figure was likely to be higher.Survivors of the quake have been shaken by hundreds of aftershocks, including a shallow 5.9-magnitude quake last Thursday which caused people to flee evacuation shelters screaming and crying.Authorities had previously said around 13,000 people sustained injuries and 387,000 were evacuated.Nugroho said the drop in the number of displaced people was due to the fact many were now spending time at their homes and gardens during the day and returning to shelters at the night. Others had chosen to return to their homes for good.last_img read more

Read More

Jahangir serves Ofazs sentence

first_imgJahangir Alam, Ofaz UddinIn the film ‘Aynabaji’, the protagonist takes a convict’s place in jail in exchange of money. And now life imitates art in Gazipur.A man named Jahangir Alam went to jail in place of a convict, Ofaz Uddin, two months ago in Kaliakair upazila of Gazipur. Ofaz Uddin was accused of illegally taking over land belonging to the forest department and was accordingly sentenced to two years in jail last year.According to the forest department officials, Ofaz Uddin had been living in Bishwaspara for long. He built a house on the forest department’s land and was accused of selling government land as well.The forest department filed a case against him in 2006 and the court sentenced him to two years impriosnment on 7 July 2018. Ofaz went into hiding after the verdict. Local people said Ofaz convinced Jahangir to surrender in his stead for Tk 300,000. He also promised Jahagir to arrange bail.Jahangir, 30, was a driver and drug addict. He lived in Kholapara village in Kaliakair upazila. He is now in Kashimpur High Security Prison. The Prothom Alo Correspondent went to find Ofaz Uddin at the jail on Sunday when Jahangir revealed his actual identity.Jahangir later explained the incident to the correspondent.Ofaz Uddin told him to surrender in court as Ofaz and seek bail three months ago, Jahangir said.The court sent him to jail rejecting the bail plea, he added.Ofaz Uddin’s mobile phone is switched off. His son told the correspondent that his father was on the run since the court verdict.The inspector of Gazipur court said, Ofaz was now accused of fraudulence with the court.Jahangir’s mother said her son hadn’t come home for two months.The family came to know that Jahangir was in jail, though they did not know the reason, she added.The public prosecutor in the case, Rezaul Karim, told Prothom Alo, Jahangir would be released if the relevant documents proved his innocence in the court.last_img read more

Read More

Riva Ganguli visits Maitree bridge site

first_imgRiva Ganguly. Photo: UNBIndian high commissioner to Bangladesh, Riva Ganguly Das, visited the under-construction Bangladesh-India Maitree Bridge-1 and Ramgarh land port in Khagrachhari on Sunday.While visiting the sites Riva Ganguli said, “Maitree Bridge and land port will increase scopes of business besides developing inter-communication.”Khagrachari Hill District Council Chairman Kongjari Chowdhury, deputy commissioner Md Shahidul Islam, additional police super M M Salauddin, Ramgarh upazila chairman Bishwa Pradip Kumar Karbari, zilla parishad member Mongshui Pru and Jewel Chakma among other were present.Indian prime minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh prime minister Sheikh Hasina jointly laid the foundation stone of India-Bangladesh Maitree Bridge over Feni River remotely through video conferencing in 2015.The bridge will connect Sabroom, a border town in southern Tripura with Ramgarh in Bangladesh. The construction is supposed to be completed by April 2020.On the other hand land acquisition for the construction of terminal, offices, depot and other infrastructures is nearly complete.last_img read more

Read More

115 feared dead in shipwreck off Libya coast

first_imgRescued migrants sit on the coast of Khoms, some 100 kilometres (60 miles) from Tripoli, on 26 July 2019. Photo: AFPAbout 115 people are missing and feared to have drowned and another 134 were rescued by Libyan coast guards and local fishermen after a wooden boat carrying migrants capsized off Libya, a Libyan navy official said on Thursday.Earlier, the UN refugee agency UNHCR said that up to 150 people were feared dead.”The worst Mediterranean tragedy of this year has just occurred,” UNHCR head Filippo Grandi said in a tweet.There were about 250 people on board, mainly from Eritrea and other sub-Saharan Africa and Arab countries, when the boat capsized off the coast near Komas, east of the capital Tripoli, Libyan navy spokesman Ayoub Qassem said.Libya is a hub for migrants and refugees, many of whom try to reach Europe in unseaworthy boats.The latest shipwreck takes the death toll of Mediterranean migrants to over 600 this year, putting 2019 on track to be the sixth year in a row with more than 1,000 deaths, UNHCR spokesman Charlie Yaxley said.”Until we address the reasons why people take these dangerous boat journeys, sadly, this is unlikely to be the last tragedy like this that we see,” he said.Yaxley said survivors of the wreck were likely to be brought to two detention centres in Libya where they would face further risks, and he called for their immediate release.Rescued migrants sit on the coast of Khoms, some 100 kilometres (60 miles) from Tripoli, on 26 July 2019. Photo: AFP”We know that inside these detention centres there’s insufficient food, water, often unsanitary conditions, there have been widespread reports of human rights violations taking place,” he said.Libya says the migrants are illegally entering and leaving the country. It regularly detains them in centres that the UN says are effectively jails, exposing them to the added risk of being caught up in the country’s civil war.One detention centre in Tripoli was hit by an air strike earlier this month, killing more than 50 people. UNHCR subsequently said it had been closed, but rescued migrants have continued to be sent there.Human rights activists have accused politicians in the European Union of turning a blind eye and letting people die rather than risk a voter backlash by appearing soft on immigration. Europe struggled to cope with an influx of more than one million refugees and migrants in 2015.Italy, many African migrants’ intended first destination, has taken a tough line since a populist government took office in 2018, and immediately sought to close the nation’s ports to rescued migrants.last_img read more

Read More

Fuel Fund Baltimore Mayor RawlingsBlake BGE Help Homeless Clear Utility Debt

first_imgBaltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake Feb. 25 announced she has joined with the Fuel Fund of Maryland and Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE) to help local homeless persons overcome a major obstacle to permanent housing—overdue (BGE) bills. The mayor unveiled the Power of Home, a Fuel Fund program to address unpaid utility bills that block the move from a homeless shelter into permanent housing. Overdue utility bills are frequently part of the cascade of calamities that result in homelessness, according to homeless advocates. “The Power of Home is another step in the right direction toward making homelessness rare and brief in Baltimore,” Rawlings-Blake said at a news conference. “Taking practical steps like resolving past-due utility bills removes a huge barrier that keeps too many families from transitioning from a shelter to permanent housing.” The Journey Home, the mayor’s initiative to end homelessness, is contributing $5,000 to the Power of Home to the effort to clear up unpaid utility bills. BGE is providing $20,000 in bill credits and the Weinberg Foundation is donating $20,000 toward the cause. The mayor said, “This is a powerful example of the Baltimore community coming together to assist our most vulnerable residents.” In data underscoring this winter’s brutal toll on ratepayers, Power of Home officials said one-third of the non-profit’s clients average outstanding BGE debt of $1,268, with some outstanding bills exceeding $5,000. Baltimore Gas and Electric Senior Vice President for regulatory and external affairs Calvin G. Butler Jr. said during the news conference, “at BGE, we are committed to supporting the communities in which we live and work and are pleased to be a part of the tremendous work being done by the Baltimore City Journey Home campaign.” Butler said last fall he heard, first-hand, success stories of city residents who made their way out of homelessness. “I couldn’t help being moved by the strength and determination these individuals displayed to overcome the tough breaks that life can sometimes send our way.” “When those who have endured homelessness are able to take the steps needed to put a roof over their heads, BGE is pleased to support them in their efforts by providing bill credits to these individuals, through The Power of Home program, to help them in their efforts to get their families into a new home,” Butler said.last_img read more

Read More