Share Submit SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 Share Related Articles GVC hires ‘comms pro’ Tessa Curtis to re-energise media profile August 25, 2020 StumbleUpon The impact of stake reductions on Fixed Odds Betting Terminals (FOBTs) is continuing to have a ‘profound impact’ upon UK bookmakers as the Association of British Bookmakers (ABB) anticipates further shop closures by the end of the year.The statement comes after retailers and unions have urged the government to take action over the rate of shop closures on UK high streets, as new data indicates that the number of vacant shops is rising at its fastest pace in nearly a decade.In a statement, the ABB explained: “We anticipate a significant number of betting shop closures by the end of this year (2019) – further compounding the crisis facing Britain’s high-streets. “While we accept the government’s decision to reduce stakes on gaming machines in betting shops, the decision is having a profound impact on retail betting and their staff. We support calls by retailers for the government to take action to help all businesses on our high streets.”Analysis carried out by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and high street analysts the Local Data Company (LDC) has shown that 16 stores closed each day in the first half of 2019 while only nine opened. UK bookmakers have already suggested that a number of their stores could disappear from the high street, with William Hill estimating 700 shops could close, and GVC predicting a figure of 900.At the time of the FOBT legislation being discussed, the ABB issued a statement warning that the move to reduce the stakes on FOBTs from £100 to £2 would lead to a number of job losses across the UK betting industry.
Court documents say the woman filed the suit in Arizona on Tuesday and is seeking more than $75,000 in damages. She said Winston grabbed her crotch in the drive-thru of a Mexican restaurant in the Phoenix area in March 2016.After an investigation into the incident, the NFL in June suspended Winston for three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.The suit comes as Winston approaches the final game of the suspension, and with the Buccaneers off to a 2-0 start.He missed the opener at New Orleans and last week’s home victory over defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia. He is eligible to return on Tuesday, the day after Tampa Bay plays the Pittsburgh Steelers.A call to the Buccaneers offices after business hours Tuesday was not immediately returned.The Associated Press does not generally name people who allege they are victims of sexual assault.The NFL announced the suspension after an eight-month investigation concluded the 2013 Heisman Trophy winner, who was in Arizona for a charity event, violated the league’s personal conduct policy by “touching the driver in an inappropriate and sexual manner without her consent.”The driver did not file a criminal or civil complaint, however she reported the incident to Uber. The NFL learned of the allegation when it was reported publicly last November.“The league promptly initiated a comprehensive investigation that included interviews with several persons, including the driver, Winston and others with relevant information,” the NFL said in a statement announcing the suspension. “The league also examined an extensive amount of other evidence, including telephone records, business records, data from electronic devices and other communications.”Winston was allowed to practice during training camp and play in preseason games, but he is forbidden to have contact with team during the suspension.The NFL also said at the time that the fourth-year pro is required to have a clinical evaluation and cooperate in any recommended program of therapeutic intervention.In his only public comments on the accusation and suspension, Winston apologized on the first day of training camp this year. But he would not discuss specifics of the Uber ride he took during the winter after his rookie season.“I should never have put myself in that situation,” he said. “All I can do is grow and learn from that. … I’ve made a lot of positive changes since then.”The Bucs drafted Winston No. 1 overall in 2015, despite questions about his behavior during his college career at Florida State.Winston was accused of raping a fellow student at FSU, but never charged. The university settled a Title IX lawsuit over its handling of the allegations with Winston’s accuser, Erica Kinsman, in January 2016 for $1.7 million.The suspension is costing Winston $124,411 of his base salary of $705,000 for this season. He is set to earn $20.9 million in 2019.___More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFLfootball and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL This Aug. 30, 2018 file photo, shows Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston before an NFL preseason football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Tampa, Fla. (AP Photo/Mark LoMoglio, File) PHOENIX (AP) — A female Uber driver in Arizona is suing Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston, accusing him of sexual assault.