Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Champion Tamworth exhibited by Victoria Devore of West Salem sold to Lois Matteson, Matteson Funeral Home, Kevin Keener Family, Buckeye Barrow Boosters, and Andrews Auctioneer for $3,100. The Champion Spot exhibited by Saylor Moore of Washington Courthouse sold to the Buckeye Barrow Boosters, Kirkpatrick Family Showpigs, Paul and Linda Grim, Morgan Pentzer, Wendell Moore, Garrett Labor Service, Heather Gordon, Ohio Spot Association, Thompson Show Feed, Nationwide, and Huffman’s Market for $3,000. The Champion Poland China exhibited by Aaron Rolfe of Sabina sold to the Buckeye Barrow Boosters, Jake and Rick Ellis, Thompson Show Feed, Nationwide, Huffman’s Market, and United Producers, Inc. for $2,050. The Champion Light Cross exhibited by Connor Rayburn of Orient sold to the Buckeye Barrow Boosters, Nutech Seeds, and Agri-Business Finance for $6,000. The Champion Landrace exhibited by Adam McCoy of Jeffersonville sold to the Buckeye Barrow Boosters, L.B. Keller Excavating, Kirkpatrick Family Showpigs, Jack McCoy Farm, Jake and Rick Ellis, Beckman Trucking, Diversified Crop Insurance, Mayer Farm Equipment, Huffman’s Market, Huntington Ag Finance, and United Producers, Inc. for $2,050. The Champion Hereford exhibited by Tyla Voight of Tipp City sold to Stewart Seed, MJ Baker Farms, Lena Ag, R.D. Holder Oil, Northside Machine, R&B Jergens, Dale’s Goodyear, Thompson Show Feed, the Buckeye Barrow Boosters, and the Jim Yeazel Family for $2,450. The Champion Hampshire exhibited by Kaitlin Butterfield of Oxford sold to Beck’s Hybrids, Real McCoy Genetics, Harvestland Co-op, Darner Show Pigs, and AG Boogher & Sons Inc. for $3,300. The Champion Duroc exhibited by Kole Vollrarth of South Charleston sold to the Buckeye Barrow Boosters, Thompson Show Feed, Lincolnway Animal Hospital, and Todd Price for $3,100. The Champion Chester White exhibited by Sarah Hunker of Bellevue sold to Buckeye Barrow Boosters, Johnny Regula, auctioneer, Nationwide, Huffman’s Market, Huntington Ag Finance, United Producers, Inc., and A.J. Genter for $2,250. The Champion Berkshire exhibited by Paige Pence of New Carlisle sold to the Buckeye Barrow Boosters, Maple Corner Farm, Lynn Alan Farm, Kent and Nancy Pence, Thompson Show Feed, and United Producers, Inc. for $3,700.
TRAIL, B.C. – Municipal officials in southeastern British Columbia say they have been assured that the company which moves sulphuric acid through a West Kootenay city won’t resume shipping until a thorough engineering investigation wraps up.A post on the City of Trail website says a meeting was requested Monday with senior members of International Raw Materials and Teck’s Trail smelter operations after sulphuric acid dripped on city roads over the weekend.The release of acid was the third in Trail since April, with the first two spills prompting thousands of vehicle claims to the Insurance Corporation of B.C.In the city’s post, Mayor Mike Martin says the third leak, which spilled less than a quarter of a litre of acid at a loading facility and left three dime-sized drips along a highway through Trail, was minor, but still concerning.Martin says that’s because previous meetings with International Raw Materials had ended with assurances the company was working to prevent future problems.The city says during the meeting the company said it has halted all truck transport of sulphuric acid until the engineering investigation and certification process concludes.Four new transport trailers will also be brought in to move the acid, the city says.International Raw Materials buys sulphuric acid from Teck’s Trail plant and hauls it along several busy commuter routes to loading facilities in another part of the city.The Insurance Corporation confirmed that hundreds of vehicles, including a new fire truck worth approximately $800,000, were damaged or destroyed by the first two acid spills.Teck said in a release earlier this month that a total of just under 300 litres of sulphuric acid leaked in separate spills on April 10 and May 23.No one was hurt, the acid was neutralized and is not believed to have seeped into area waterways.
BEIJING — The Latest on the arrest of a top executive of Chinese tech giant Huawei in Canada (all times local):11:30 a.m.A former foreign policy adviser to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Chinese pressure on the Canadian government to release a top executive of Huawei won’t work.In a tweet, Roland Paris says, “Perhaps because the Chinese state controls its judicial system, Beijing sometimes has difficulty understanding or believing that courts can be independent in a rule-of-law country. There’s no point in pressuring the Canadian government. Judges will decide.”Paris was responding to reports from Beijing that China’s Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng had summoned Canadian Ambassador John McCallum on Saturday over the holding of Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou, who is reportedly suspected of trying to evade U.S. trade curbs on Iran.Le called Meng’s detention “unreasonable, unconscionable, and vile in nature” and warned of “grave consequences” if she is not released.___9:40 a.m.China has summoned the Canadian ambassador to protest the detention of a top executive of leading Chinese tech giant Huawei, calling it “unreasonable, unconscionable, and vile in nature” and warning of “grave consequences” if she is not released.A report by the official Xinhua News Agency carried on the Foreign Ministry’s website says Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng had called in Ambassador John McCallum on Saturday over the holding of Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou, who is reportedly suspected of trying to evade U.S. trade curbs on Iran.Huawei is the biggest global supplier of network gear for phone and internet companies and has been the target of deepening U.S. security concerns. The U.S. has pressured European countries and other allies to limit use of its technology.The Associated Press
New Delhi: Congress President Rahul Gandhi Sunday said if voted to power, his party will introduce a single-window system for education loans and bring a law that will “list the rights and duties of students”.In a Facebook post, Gandhi asserted that a Congress government will ensure free education to all students from Class 1 to 12 in government schools in the country. He said the Congress will restore the independence and autonomy of colleges and universities and will open new state-run varsities in backward areas of the country to ensure the expansion of the education sector. “The Congress will restore the independence and autonomy of colleges and universities and will open new state-run varsities in backward areas of the country to ensure expansion of education. “The Congress will also bring ‘Student Rights Law’ that will list the rights and duties of students,” he said in a Facebook post. “We feel that education empowers a child and it should be made available to all children. “The Congress promises to ensure free and compulsory education to all in government schools from Class 1 to 12. We will raise the budget on education to 6 per cent of GDP,” he said in another post. Gandhi said a Congress government will waive outstanding interest on old education loans prior to March 31, 2019. “We will also introduce a single-window system for grant of education loans. The banks will not charge any interest on loans till the time the student gets a job and starts earning or becomes self-employed,” he added.
Madhepura: Accusing the BJP of not fulfilling any of its big promises made during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, opposition leader Sharad Yadav Tuesday described the ruling party’s manifesto for the upcoming election as another “shower of promises” and asked people to reject the party. Yadav, who is contesting the election on RJD ticket from Madhepura in Bihar, said in a statement that in his long political career he has never seen such an atmosphere as he had seen in 2014 and now. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’ “I appeal to people to reject the BJP. It does not know as to how to rule the country. It has rather created an atmosphere of hatred across the country and is badly damaging the economy,” he said. He said the BJP had made promises like bringing back black money, giving Rs 15 lakh to each citizen, employment to two crore youth and cleaning Ganga river, and alleged that none of them was fulfilled. “In the manifesto of 2019 no mention has been made of non-fulfilment of these promises and it has now made 75 more promises,” he said, describing it as a “ridiculous”.
Lance Stephenson, who blew into LeBron James’ ear during a playoff game, drawing criticism from around the NBA, blew $17 million by signing with the Charlotte Hornets instead of re-signing with the Indiana Pacers.Stephenson apparently considered the Pacers’ five-year, $44 million offer an insult and instead signed on with the Hornets for a deal worth $27 million, according to league sources.The mercurial swingman met with Hornets owner Michael Jordan, general manager Rich Cho, head coach Steve Clifford and associate head coach Patrick Ewing on Tuesday night in Las Vegas. The move ends Stephenson’s productive yet controversial time in Indiana.Stephenson, who led the league in triple-doubles, felt the Pacers’ offer was “low ball.” The Charlotte contract pays him $200,000 more per year, but the overall value is much lower than what Indiana offered him. At the end of the day, he left $17 million in guaranteed money on the table.There is a chance this could end up being a smart move for Stephenson. He will be just 26 when his contract with the Hornets is up in the summer of 2017. With the salary cap set to skyrocket in the wake of the league’s new TV rights deals, Stephenson could be well positioned to cash in if he continues to grow as a player.“Reports throughout the negotiation process with Indiana have often strayed from the truth, but suffice it to say that it was less about the money,” Stephenson’s agent Alberto Ebanks said in a statement. “Lance will miss the city, the team and the mentor who helped transform him into the dynamic player he has become. He looks forward to making a strong contribution and beginning a new chapter with the Charlotte Hornets. … While we tried our best to come to the best possible terms for both sides, there was not sufficient flexibility in the terms of the contract, particularly the length of the contract.”The Pacers were unwilling to offer Stephenson a shorter deal, spanning two or three years, sources said. Indiana was also unwilling to increase its offer.Stephenson, who challenged James in the regular season and fought with teammate Evan Turner in practice, would have signed a two-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks for $20 million had the Houston Rockets matched the Mavs’ offer to Chandler Parsons. But the Rockets let Parsons go, opening the way for Jordan and the Hornets.Like many teams, the Hornets, while fans of Stephenson’s play, had concerns about his antics and attitude. But sources say those concerns were alleviated in Tuesday’s face-to-face meeting.
Welcome to the latest episode of Hot Takedown, FiveThirtyEight’s sports podcast. On this week’s episode (Aug. 29, 2017), we’re bringing you a conversation from FiveThirtyEight’s basketball squad: Hot Takedown regular Neil Paine is joined by Kyle Wagner and Chris Herring to help make sense of the latest developments surrounding this month’s trade between the Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavaliers. In the groundbreaking trade, the Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and a first-round pick are slated to go to the Cavs while Kyrie Irving would head to Boston. However, amid concern about Thomas’s health, the trade has stalled. What would the trade mean, and what might happen next? We discuss.Here are the links discussed during the show:After news of the trade broke, Chris Herring wrote about the deal, which is unprecedented.Kyle Wagner reasoned that the Celtics didn’t mortgage their future in the deal — they insured it.ESPN’s Chris Forsberg argued that despite concerns about Thomas’s hip, Boston should not sweeten the deal. More: Apple Podcasts | ESPN App | RSS | Embed FiveThirtyEight Embed Code
There’s no question that Ohio State football (5-3, 2-2) vaulted itself into the race for a Big Ten Leaders Division title after its 33-29 upset win against then-No. 12-ranked Wisconsin. The real question is whether OSU can avoid a letdown in its upcoming game. With a Saturday contest against Indiana awaiting his team, first-year OSU head coach Luke Fickell said Thursday that he is wary of the Hoosiers. “Not that people believe it, but (Indiana) is a scary crew,” Fickell said. “I really believe that. With the way the offense is going for Indiana, they don’t mind coming (to OSU).” Indiana is in the middle of the pack among Big Ten offenses and is ranked No. 7 in the conference. The Hoosiers are averaging 23.2 points per game — just 1.3 points fewer than OSU. “They’ll be in a different mindset,” Fickell said. Surely, Indiana is in a different mindset compared to when it visited Ohio Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010. The Hoosiers lost, 38-10, that day but finished the season 5-7 and had a shot at bowl eligibility for parts of the year. In 2011, first-year Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson has led the Hoosiers to a 1-8 overall record and an 0-5 Big Ten record. Wilson also saw one of his top receivers, senior Damarlo Belcher, dismissed from the team this week. Co-defensive coordinator Mike Ekeler’s said he’s currently “extremely frustrated.” His unit has given up 51 points per game in the last four weeks “…We’ve gone downhill,” Ekeler said of Indiana’s 2011 performance. “I go home and I don’t sleep because I’m not used to this and I don’t want to get used to it. And I’m sick of it and I’m tired of it. It’s the most frustrating thing I’ve ever been a part of.” Though the defense has been disappointing for the Hoosiers, the offense has recently showed signs of life. They’ve averaged 31 points in their last two games and haven’t had trouble moving the ball. But Indiana co-offensive coordinator Rod Smith said that athletically, the Buckeye defense will be tough to match up against. “They’re big, fast and strong if you like that kind of athlete,” Smith said. “I tell those guys all the time so it’s going to be a challenge each and every snap.” Wilson has at least remained upbeat, saying his team is looking forward to Saturday’s game. “We look forward to going into (Ohio Stadium),” Wilson said. “We look forward to going against the Buckeyes and it will be a great challenge.” Fickell voiced concerns about the Indiana squad on Thursday, but Wilson is also realistic about the challenge presented by OSU. “(OSU is) coming off back-to-back wins, they’re sitting at 5-3,” he said. “They could have three wins in a row. They played very well at Nebraska and their freshman quarterback (Braxton Miller) has done a nice job. “They are doing it with good players and a quarterback that can make plays. The last time we won against Ohio State was in the 80’s, so we’re playing a team that’s pretty good. It’s not like all of a sudden I say we have an advantage from playing those guys.” Both teams head into the contest with injuries. Fickell said Thursday that OSU junior running back Jordan Hall was “doubtful” for the game and Ekeler remarked that the Hoosiers have had so many injuries they are having trouble filling the scout team. Weary though he may be, Fickell said there would be no let down on Saturday. “We’ve been through enough,” he said, “and we know what the situation is.” Kickoff for Saturday’s game at the ‘Shoe is set for noon.
Chelsea have rejected a bid offer in excess of £50m from Barcelona for Brazilian international star Willian, according to Sky Sports.It appears that negotiation is still ongoing between the two clubs and the representatives of Willian Borges, who is on international duty with Brazil at the world cup in Russia.The former Shakhtar winger who is in Russia for the World Cup tournament has been linked with a move to either Manchester United or Barcelona, with the winger keen on leaving Stamford Bridge as long as Antonio Conte remains in charge of the club.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.The Brazilian has made 236 appearances for the London based club while also scoring 44 goals since he joined from Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013.Although Willian was snubbed for the starting line-up of the 1-0 FA Cup final win over United at Wembley but only coming on as an injury time substitute, he has scored 44 goals in 236 appearances for Chelsea since joining from Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala in 2013.
Guingamp side had rejoiced believing that they had a second goal before the break in their game with PSG, but Nicolas Benezet’s header canceled as a result of a VAR review for a foul in the buildup.Guingamp boss Antoine Kombouare did not waste time to show his dissatisfaction saying as quoted in ESPN:“There are two disappointments. The first is the first half where we can return to the locker room with 2-0,” Guingamp boss said.“Afterwards, it’s up to the referee and we saw that it was against us.“And the second disappointment is to have [conceded] the goal too early. That they scored very quickly [after half-time], it gave us a blow on the head.PSG ultras sent a warning letter to Neymar Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Brazilian superstar Neymar might play today his first game of the season for Paris Saint-Germain and the team’s ultras have warned him.“And after, what we can see is that we had given a lot in the first half, we left a lot of strength, and in the second half with their mastery, offensively it hurt us very much and they could do what it takes to score three goals.”Guingamp president Bertrand Desplat on his own showed his dissatisfaction at the VAR decision, saying:“Above all, I’ll say it wasn’t a great night for video refereeing,”“You can see there’s an enormous amount of progress to be made and French refereeing will have to get quickly up to speed, because you can’t ruin great evenings like this.”