This fortnight Touch Football Australia’s (TFA) official footwear sponsor, X-Blades, will be promoting another great deal through the TFA website and newsletter. X-Blades has a great deal for TFA members, with a special on two of its hoodies, with pictures attached below.X-Blades are offering 10% off their Blades Reversible hoodie (RRP $110) and their Blades Hoodie – Black (RRP $80). To take advantage of this great deal, please visit the X-Blades online shop and enter the code ‘TFAH’ at the checkout. To visit the X-Blades online shop, please click on the following link: www.bladesfootball.com.au/shop Stay tuned to the TFA website for more great promotions from X-Blades. Related Filesreversible-hoodie-jpghoodie-black-jpgRelated LinksX-Blades Promotion
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say El Hadji Diouf explains his constant criticism of Liverpoolby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveEl Hadji Diouf stands by his criticism of former club Liverpool.The 38-year-old keeps in touch with fellow Senegalese Sadio Mane, who has netted four times already this campaign.Diouf said: “I’ve never hidden the fact that Liverpool didn’t treat me right and that they cherished some players better than me, even though I’d arrived with a better profile.“Sometimes, reporters will never get what goes on in the club and in the dressing room.“Don’t get me wrong: the club is run very well now, based on what I hear from Sadio Mane, but I feel I was seen as an outsider back then.“The upsetting thing is that Real Madrid and Barcelona had offered me more money, but I really wanted to go to Liverpool – and it ended up being one of my worst experiences.”
zoom Cosco Shipping Specialised Carriers has exercised an option to order a third 62,000 dwt pulp carrier from China’s Cosco Dalian Shipyard.In late August 2017, the company ordered two pulp carriers at the Chinese yard, with an option for one more. The previous two vessels were ordered at a price od CNY 222 million (USD 33.6 million) a piece, the shipping firm informed in a stock exchange release.The first carrier from the batch is scheduled to be handed over to the company in January 2019, while the other two ships would be delivered later that year. The units will feature a length of 201.8 meters, a width of 32.2 meters, and will be able to reach a speed of 13.5 knots.The order was made on the back of a contract of affreightment (COA) signed with Brazil’s pulp and paper company Suzano Papel e Celulose in March 2017.Under the five-year contract, Cosco Shipping Specialised Carriers would deploy the new ships to carry Brazilian cargo to the Far East.A total of 300,000 tonnes of paper pulp are expected to be transpored on an annual basis, starting from the first quarter of 2019.World Maritime News Staff
LEWISTON, Idaho — Farmers in Idaho and Washington saw above-average returns on wheat crop this year, but lentil prices are plunging, officials said.“Generally speaking, we had an above-average year,” said Nez Perce County Extension agent Doug Finkelnburg. “We had above-average returns on winter wheat and really strong yields on garbanzo beans.”The U.S. Department of Agriculture Portland Daily Grain Report last week listed soft white wheat prices between $6.20 and $6.35 a bushel, the Lewiston Tribune reported Monday.But dry pea, lentil and garbanzo prices plunged 40 per cent recently because of retaliatory tariffs imposed by India, the No. 1 customer for those products.Pulse prices haven’t been this low since the early 2000s and are likely to result in a dramatic decline in acres planted to dry peas, lentils and garbanzos next spring, according to the USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council in Moscow, Idaho.U.S. Wheat Associates published an update last month on world and U.S. wheat supply and demand.Highlights of the report include expectations that 2018-19 global wheat production will fall for the first time in five years, by 1 per cent. Wheat production in Australia is likely to be down 26 per cent because of severe drought in the central region of the country.U.S. wheat production, on the other hand, is estimated to be 8 per cent higher than last year.Worldwide consumption of wheat is forecast to be 4 per cent above the five-year average, and Chinese domestic consumption is expected to reach 5 per cent above the five-year average.As of Oct. 11, U.S. wheat exports were 18 per cent behind last year’s pace, due in part to the loss of the Chinese market over tariffs imposed between China and the U.S. earlier this year.Glen Squires, chief executive officer of the Washington Grain Commission, said even though wheat prices are up, “just think what they could be” if it were not for the tariffs between China and the United States.___Information from: Lewiston Tribune, http://www.lmtribune.comThe Associated Press
SEOUL, Korea, Republic Of — South Korea’s top court has ordered a Japanese company to compensate 10 Koreans for forced labour during Tokyo’s 1910-45 colonial rule of the Korean Peninsula.Thursday’s ruling by the Supreme Court was widely expected as the court ruled last month that another Japanese company must compensate four Korean men for similar colonial -era forced labour.The Oct. 30 ruling, the first of its kind, drew immediate protests from Japan which has argued the issue of forced labourers was already settled when Tokyo and Seoul signed a treaty in 1965 that restored diplomatic ties.The Supreme Court says Mitsubishi Heavy Industries must provide 80 million to 150 million won ($71,190-133,510) in compensation to each of 10 plaintiffs or their bereaved family members.The Associated Press
A New York Times report says Facebook gave some companies more extensive access to users’ personal data than it has previously revealed, letting them read private messages or see the names of friends without consent.The newspaper on Wednesday detailed special arrangements between Facebook and companies like Microsoft, Netflix and Spotify, in the latest revelations on how the social network shares user data.It says Facebook shared data with more than 150 companies through apps on its platform even if users disabled sharing.Facebook responded to the report in a blog post, which said the partnerships did allow features like “messaging integrations” but nearly all have been shut down over the past few months. None of the deals gave outside companies access to data without user consent, it said.The Associated Press
CALGARY, A.B. – Gibson Energy Inc. says the sale of its trucking arm means it has completed all of the non-core asset sales it targeted a year ago as part of a strategy to focus on its Alberta oil storage and handling assets.The Calgary-based company, which helps send one in four barrels of crude exported from Western Canada through its Hardisty terminal in central Alberta, says it will pocket about $100 million from the sale, bringing its divestiture proceeds to about $325 million since early 2018.It says Trimac Transportation has agreed to pay about $70 million for the trucking assets and a Trimac affiliate is to pay $30 million for property in Edmonton containing a field office and shop, with the deals expected to close later this year. Gibson previously announced the sales of its environmental services and wholesale propane businesses for about $225 million.The company reported 2018 net income of $151 million on revenue of $6.8 billion, up from $44 million on $5.7 billion in 2017, as it invested $302 million to build new storage tanks in Edmonton and Hardisty and a pipeline in the U.S.It plans to spend $200 million to $250 million on capital projects this year.
New Delhi: India cricketers Hardik Pandya and K L Rahul were on Saturday fined Rs 20 lakh each by the BCCI Ombudsman D K Jain for their sexist comments on a popular TV show. In the order published on the official BCCI website, Jain wrote that no further action will be taken against Pandya and Rahul, who have already served a provisional suspension and tendered an unconditional apology for their loose comments on women. Instead, he directed the World Cup bound players to play a fine of Rs 20 lakh each that included a payment of Rs 1 lakh each to “each of the most deserving widows of ten constables in para-military forces who have lost their lives while on duty, through ‘Bharat Ke Veer App”. Jain also instructed them to deposit Rs 10 lakh each in the fund “created by the Cricket Association for the blind”. All payments are to be made within four weeks from the date of the order — April 19, 2019. The Supreme Court-appointed Ombudsman had issued notices to Pandya and Rahul earlier this month to appear for deposition for their controversial comments on Koffee with Karan’. Pandya and Rahul were provisionally suspended by the Committee of Administrators (COA) for their remarks before the suspension was lifted pending an inquiry by the Ombudsman. Both players became subjects of nationwide criticism following their remarks on women. The controversial episode was aired in the first week of January, triggering outrage, which prompted the COA to call the duo back from the tour of Australia, handing them provisional suspensions. The two tendered unconditional apologies and their ban was provisionally lifted pending inquiry. Once Jain assumed his role, the COA handed over the matter to Ombudsman for the completion of inquiry. The two players have also spoken publicly on the incident, recalling one of the toughest phases of their respective careers.
Spain’s Diego Costa believes that their 6-1 victory over Argentina could have been a different story had Lionel Messi featured in the matchThe Atletico Madrid forward opened the scoring at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano for Spain, before having to come off the field injured.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.But despite their convincing win, Costa felt that the absence of Messi had made a difference to the Argentina side and felt that it had ultimately compromised them.“You have to do an analysis in all aspects, you in Argentina criticize Messi a lot but you can tell that when Messi It is not something else, a player like Messi is not criticized, we have to thank God that he is in. Messi must always be treated well, even if he plays a bad game with the national team, having him in the field is different ” said Costa, according to Marca. The Brazilian native was ecstatic with the final result and is confident that Spain can potentially repeat their 2010 World Cup success this summer.“This team wants to do something big again, there is a good team for the World Cup, I had a bad time because I was not playing for six months but I knew that when I came back I could do it well and be in the selection makes me very excited. ” said the 29 year-old. Costa also reserved special praise for Isco: “Today we have seen, Isco would play on any team.” Argentina was very inferior to Spain: “We played a great match against a great team, Messi was missing”.
English retired footballer Jimmy Case points out that although Mark Hughes’ record from his first 16 league games is worse than any Saints manager since George Burley, patience is all the team needs, stating that Cherries are reaping the benefits of Eddie Howe’s longevity.“Eddie Howe has been at Bournemouth six years and they look settled as a team as a result,” said Case.“But Southampton have had six managers in that time and again there is talk about certain managers coming in.“I like Mark Hughes and the way his teams play and I think he needs a bit more time” case said via Bournemouthecho.“Some people shout from the terraces ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ but when a new manager comes in it takes time to find out about your players and the best formation to use.“They look a bit tentative but whether they know the way they should be playing or are trying to find his way, I don’t know. I think they are just lacking a couple of results.”Case, haven spent the 1991-92 season at Dean Court after six years in Saints’ midfield under Chris Nicholl, added: “I have an affinity with both clubs.“I played for Southampton against Bournemouth years ago and it’s certainly been a turnabout.Eddie Howe pleased with attacking poise, but feels Wilson was too honest Stuart Heath – August 25, 2019 A.F.C Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe felt as though his striker Callum Wilson was too honest against Manchester City and may have won a penalty,…“When I left Bournemouth, Harry Redknapp and the chairman came to me and said they would have to let me go.“Although I was 39, I’d played nearly all the games but that was a moment when the banks had just come in and anyone at the end of their contract had to leave.“I said I would go on half money just to keep playing but me and Kevin Bond had to leave.“I used to have a cup of tea with the groundsman next to the lawnmowers in his shed underneath the stands!“They have come a hell of a long way since then.“They have a squad together that can maintain a push beyond mid-table and they have started really well.“As well as being a settled side, they have quality in there with forwards like Callum Wilson and Josh King”