Government will engage with Omagh families and Haas talks – Gilmore

Home   /   Government will engage with Omagh families and Haas talks – Gilmore

first_img The government says it is willing to meet with the victims of the Omagh bombing.This morning the British government said it would not be holding a public inquiry into the bombing which killed 29 people.London said there had already been a series of inquiries and criminal investigations into the bombing in August 1998.Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore says the government is also willing to participate in a forthcoming series of talks to overcome lasting divisions in Northern Ireland.”We’re certainly willing to listen and talk with victims, and of course we also have to bear in mind that their is a process which will be chaired by Richard Haass which is about to get underway to address issues of the past” he said.”We will be very much engaged with that” he added. Google+ RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Twitter Google+ By News Highland – September 12, 2013 WhatsApp WhatsApp Facebook PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers center_img Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Government will engage with Omagh families and Haas talks – Gilmore Twitter News Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Pinterest HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Previous articleMan in court following Donegal cannabis seizuresNext articleWoman arrested in Ballyshannon in connection with Bundoran Hit and Run News Highland Pinterestlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Archives

Categories

Meta

Tags