West Ham complete signing of highly-rated Chelsea youngster West Ham have signed Chelsea starlet Daniel Kemp.The 16-year-old has joined the Hammers on a long-term contract after spending ten years at Stamford Bridge.The winger is tipped for a bright future and was being tracked by West Ham for several months before they finally made their move.“Today is a very proud day for myself but also my dad, mum and sister. All I look to do is make them happy,” Kemp told West Ham’s official website.“Speaking to academy manager Terry Westley, it sounds like they’ve been watching me for a couple of years.“It was about trying to find the right time to move, now I’m here I’m so pleased and really looking forward to my future.” 1
Nigel Clough has returned to take charge of Burton Albion 1 Burton have announced the appointment of Nigel Clough as their new manager.The 49-year-old’s return to the Pirelli Stadium had been anticipated after Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s departure to Queens Park Rangers on Friday.Clough first took the reins at Burton as player-manager aged 32 in October 1998 and went on to become their longest serving manager.He left a little over ten years later for Derby County, with the Brewers well on course to attain promotion from the Conference.Burton are currently top of the League One standings by two points after 20 games.Chairman Ben Robinson said: “We have enjoyed a great start to the season under Jimmy and his assistant David Oldfield and Nigel Clough is the ideal man to continue that work.“He has a tremendous track record in football as both a player and a manager and during a 10-year spell at Eton Park, and then the Pirelli Stadium, has already shown his tremendous passion and commitment for Burton Albion.“We are delighted to welcome him back.”Clough was in charge of Derby for nearly five years before being sacked after a poor start to the 2013-14 season.He took over at Sheffield United less than a month after his departure from the Rams, but parted company with the Blades after they were beaten in last season’s League One play-off semi-finals by Swindon.Clough had been linked with the vacant position at League One rivals Chesterfield but he is delighted to make his return to Burton.He said: “It’s wonderful to be back at Burton Albion again, working with the chairman Ben Robinson and his staff, who make this club so special.“We’re looking forward to trying to maintain the remarkable success the club is enjoying.”
Rafa Benitez 1 Rafael Benitez has expressed his gratitude for having the opportunity to manage Real Madrid and wished his successor Zinedine Zidane well.Former Valencia, Liverpool, Chelsea and Napoli boss Benitez was replaced by Zidane on Monday after a disappointing seven-month, 25-match spell as boss. He won 16 games.Writing on his personal website, rafabenitez.com, he said: “I would like to wish good luck to Zinedine Zidane, my successor, and his staff. To all the players, coaches and staff in both Valdebebas and Bernabeu, I wish all the best and also good luck.”Benitez replaced Carlo Ancelotti in June, signing a three-year contact with his home-town club.But the 55-year-old found himself under increasing pressure due to some indifferent performances and damaging defeats, most notably the 4-0 home loss to Barcelona in November.Benitez’s final game in charge was Sunday’s 2-2 draw at Valencia, a result which left Madrid in third spot in the Primera Division table, four points adrift of leaders Atletico Madrid.The 10-time European champions then moved to remove Benitez and promote Zidane, but Benitez expressed no bitterness in his parting statement.“Now, at the end of my time as first-team coach of Real Madrid, I would like to use this article to say goodbye to everyone at every level of the club,” Benitez added.“I want everyone at the club from the board of directors, executives, workers and all of the fans, (to) know that it has been an honour and privilege to be in charge at this club, where I grew up as a person, player and coach from the lowest categories through to the first team.“As a madridista from Madrid, steeped in the traditions and values of this institution, which I learned in the old sports city of Castellana, it has been an honour to work for these colours.“I would especially like to thank everyone at the new sports city and the Santiago Bernabeu who, since my first steps through the door, have supported me and made my work easier. Thanks to all for helping.“With all my respect and thanks… HALA MADRID and NOTHING ELSE.”
Chelsea and West Brom have been charged by the Football Association for failing to control their players during Wednesday’s fractious Premier League draw at Stamford Bridge.The flashpoint in question came after of an off-the-ball trip by West Brom’s Claudio Yacob, who had already been booked, on Chelsea striker Diego Costa.The Baggies midfielder avoided a second yellow card and a dismissal before being promptly substituted by boss Tony Pulis in the 2-2 draw.“Chelsea and West Bromwich Albion have both been charged for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion,” a FA statement read.“The charge relates to an incident which occurred in or around the 58th minute of their fixture on Wednesday, January 13, 2016.“Both clubs have until 6pm on 20 January 2016 to respond to the charge.”Chelsea interim boss Guus Hiddink referred to the incident on Friday.Hiddink felt Yacob should have been dismissed and was so frustrated with the performance of referee Anthony Taylor that he expressed his concerns to fourth official Jon Moss. He was taken aback by the reply.“I told him: ‘This is one of the worst referees of the Premier League I have experienced,’” said Hiddink, who had a prior caretaker spell at Chelsea in 2009.“He said to me ‘you haven’t seen me yet’, which was a beautiful remark I think.” West Brom and Chelsea players 1
Football Association CEO Martin Glenn has told talkSPORT the governing body is not afraid to evolve with the times, amid reports of a proposed format change to the famous FA Cup.Claims on Tuesday suggested there are plans in the pipeline to scrap replays and also abolish the current two-legged League Cup semi-finals as teams look to play fewer games in a season.The change is reportedly driven by Premier League teams, who are keen to see ties concluded on the night via extra-time and penalties, but it’s not such good news for lower league teams who value replays as a vital source of extra revenue.The rumours are nothing new, however, as Glenn told talkSPORT earlier in January that the FA are keen to ensure the world’s oldest football competition is not left behind as the Premier League and Champions League continue to grow.“It’s different now, the FA Cup used to be the only games on TV when I was growing up. It was huge,” he told talkSPORT ahead of the third round. “But it’s not like that now.”“We’ve tried to refresh it. I’m not a traditionalist; I think the game has to evolve as people’s needs evolve and if you look over history the FA Cup HAS evolved.“I’m a big believer in keeping it fresh and keeping it modern. I wouldn’t rule out change, provided the changes stick to the principles of thee competition – to give the smaller teams a chance, to get money from the top end down to the bottom and create some great theatre.”The reports also come as no surprise to former Club England managing director Adrian Bevington, who revealed to talkSPORT the FA have been having these conversations ‘for a number of years’.Speaking on the Alan Sports Breakfast, he also advocated the Premier League implementing a winter break as top flight sides struggle to juggle different competitions throughout the campaign.“This sort of conversation has been going on for a number of years within the FA,” Bevington said. “The FA Cup is not what it was to kids growing up 30 years ago. It used to be the one game at the end of the season we all used to love.“The challenge for football in this country is how do we retain what the FA Cup should be so that young people cherish it as opposed to just the Champions League and Premier League?“This is a good debate that they’re having. Personally it’s not so much the midweek timing of the games, I’d just play for 90 minutes and go straight to penalties. Give it something unique.“Also, I think they should find some dates to try and free up at least one week or maybe two, to give the players a short winter break after the New Year.”
Toyota have proudly retained their status as Donegal’s favourite car in January 2015. Official statistics released by the Society of the Irish Motor Industry this morning show the brand leading the way with 130 passenger registrations in the county in January, that accounting for 17.15%.This is followed by Volkswagen with 12.66% (96 vehicles) and Hyundai with 10.42% (79 vehicles). Four Toyota models occupy the Top 10 position with the recently revamped Yaris the 2nd best selling car in the county, followed by the Auris , Rav 4 & Corolla.Brendan Kelly from Kellys Toyota told Donegal Daily, “We’re delighted with the strong start to the New Year and in serving the needs of all their new and repeat customers.“The continued success of the Toyota brand in Donegal is evident in the registrations in January, the market share is at an all-time high, further proof that Toyota have the best re-sale value in Ireland of any car.Kellys Toyota in Mountcharles & Letterkenny will be happy to assist with your motoring requirements for 2015, so give them a call or visit www.kellystoyota.com to view the wide ranging selection of vehicles on offer. Toyota the best built cars in the world. TOYOTA DELIGHTED AS THEY RETAIN THEIR STATUS AS DONEGAL’S FAVOURITE CAR was last modified: February 3rd, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BusinessDonegal’s No.1Kelly’s Toyotanews
Cllr Marie Therese GallagherCounty councillor Marie-Therese Gallagher had slammed the Government for what she said is its continued bias against small medium and indigenous businesses in Donegal.It follows confirmation within Donegal County Council’s Budget Book that a huge reduction in rates has been made for big utility companies.Cllr Gallagher said “A reduction of €688,177 in rates has been applied to utility companies in Donegal. This decision was made by the national valuation office in Dublin. “This is a slap in the face for small medium and indigenous businesses across Donegal. It again shows the priorities of this Government – the typical looking after big business at the expense of local businesses and local services in Donegal.”“I can confidently say that not one of these companies who have received this reduction is struggling to keep the wolf from the door, in complete contrast to our local shops, pubs, hotels and manufacturers.”“My blood has been boiling since I learned of this development; it is typical of this unfair Government’s priorities.”“There is a window of opportunity at the minute to appeal this decision, I would appeal to all members of society to contact their local Government representative, to stop this measure. A countrywide campaign needs to take place, as these cuts to council services have an impact on all our communities.” REDUCTION IN RATES A SLAP IN THE FACE FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS – COUNCILLOR was last modified: November 11th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Watch this stunning free kick by Paul Pogba to give Juventus the lead over Torino in the Turin derby.The former Manchester United midfielder has been heavily linked with a return to the Premier League with the soon to be Pep Guardiola-led Manchester City.Will we be seeing goals like this from the Frenchman in the Premier League next season? Paul Pogba has been heavily linked with a return to the Premier League 1
Axel Witsel in action for Zenit 1 Tottenham and Manchester City target Axel Witsel is on the verge of agreeing a move to Roma this summer.The Zenit Saint Petersburg midfielder has been subject to a number of offers from Europe’s heavyweight clubs in the past two seasons but the Russian club have stood firm in rejecting those approaches.However, the Belgian international is set to leave this summer and, according to Il Corriere dello Sport, Roma are in contact with the player’s agent over a deal.Tottenham are still on the midfielder’s case, while incoming Man City manager Pep Guardiola is understood to be a fan of the 27-year-old and sees him a perfect replacement for Yaya Toure.But it now appears Italy is the most likely destination for Witsel this summer, with Roma intent on finding midfield reinforcements to fill the void left by the impending departure of Radja Nainggolan to Chelsea.
Will Gavin is in the hotseat this Wednesday morning as we discuss Russia’s suspended disqualification from Euro 2016.We’ll also be reviewing yesterday’s action as Iceland held Portugal to a 1-1 draw aswell as continuing our build-up to tomorrow’s Group B clash between England and Wales.We’ll also get the latest from Queens Club and Royal Ascot.