Fedorovekb/iStock(SAN BRUNO, Calif.) — Police in California continued to search for two gunmen who opened fire in a crowded mall, injuring two teenagers, as they released surveillance video showing the chaos as shoppers ran desperately for their lives.Authorities in San Bruno, California, said in a video statement that on Tuesday, officers responded to the second floor of the Shops at Tanforan mall after hearing gunfire around 3:55 p.m.In video, a group could be seen running before one shooter turns and then fires as a teenager falls to the ground. A second gunman running in the same direction behind that group then stops and shoots repeatedly, before turning back and then going in the opposite direction.Two male teenagers were shot in the incident, Cmdr. Jeff Caldwell of the San Bruno Police Department said.One teenager was shot in the leg, police said. The other victim was shot in the abdomen.“Witnesses fleeing the mall provided brief statements regarding suspect descriptions and their path of flight,” Caldwell said.According to Caldwell, the shooting was sparked by an argument between two groups on the mall’s second floor. A person from each group began shooting at the other and then fled before officers arrived, he said. The shooting victims were part of the groups, police said.“To be clear, this does not appear to be a random incident,” he said.Two others were also injured during the incident but not shot, police said. All four victims were recovering from their injuries, police said.Authorities asked anyone who saw the shooting take place or knows the shooters to contact authorities.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
The 24-year-old Liverpool forward has failed to make an impact since moving to Anfield from AC Milan over the summer and has been linked with a move back to Italy. Inter are keen to strengthen their attacking line in the winter transfer market but Zanetti told Sky Italia: “A Balotelli return? We all know Mario is a great player but I think it’s difficult because he only just arrived at Liverpool. Mario Balotelli is unlikely to return to Inter Milan in January, according to club vice-president Javier Zanetti. Press Association “In any case, after our game against Lazio (December 21) we will hold meetings to see what we can do and what is needed in terms of the (transfer) market.” Balotellli has scored only two goals in his 15 appearances for Liverpool. A return to the San Siro would see the Italy international reunited with Roberto Mancini, who coached Balotelli at Inter and Manchester City. Mancini, who took the reins at Inter last month for a second spell in charge, revealed after Monday’s 2-0 triumph at Chievo of the need for his side to bolster their attack. “In certain roles in attack we are lacking,” Mancini told Gazzetta dello Sport. “The club are aware of this but in January it will not be easy.” Balotelli came through the ranks at Inter before being sold to Manchester City in 2010.
A 28-year-old motorcyclist is now the country’s latest road fatality after he lost control of his motorcycle (CH 6868) while he was reportedly speeding and collided with another speeding motorcyclist in New Amsterdam, Berbice.Dead: Dean GrenvilleDead is Dean Grenville of Lot 60 Stanleytown, New Amsterdam, Berbice.Meanwhile, the other motorcyclist who was badly injured in the accident has been identified as 36-year-old Rodrick Ageeday, also of Stanleytown, New Amsterdam, Berbice. He was riding motorcycle CJ 6265 at the time of the accident.Reports are that on Sunday at about 15:00h, both motorcyclists were proceeding south along the eastern drive lane at a fast rate when both riders lost control of their motorcycles. They collided into each other and as a result of the impact, both men received severe injuries about their bodies and were rushed to the New Amsterdam Regional Hospital by public-spirited citizens. Ageeday was admitted with multiple fractures while Grenville was transferred to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) for emergency medical attention. The 28-year-old, at the time of the accident, suffered a fractured skull, fractures about his body, and was bleeding. However, on Monday at about 02:00h, he succumbed to his injuries.One of the motorcycles involved in the accidentGrenville’s mother, 53-year-old Barbara Lashley, when contacted by this publication on Monday, stated that since her son was a young boy he was always fond of bikes.According to the distraught mother, Grenville only recently acquired the motorcycle.Although she was too traumatised to speak about the details of her son’s death, she stated that he was known to be involved in daily races around the town of New Amsterdam.Both motorcycles involved in the fatal accident have been lodged at the police station in Berbice. However, the police said that no documents have been produced for either motorcycle. An investigation is ongoing.
It’s been a typically busy transfer window at Loftus Road, with confirmation of Junior Hoilett’s arrival taking the number of QPR’s summer signings to seven.[poll id=”29″]Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
(CLICK HERE, if you are unable to view this photo gallery on your mobile device.)SAN JOSE — Charlie McAvoy scored with 1:03 remaining in overtime, spoiling Joe Thornton’s revenge hat trick against the team that traded him to San Jose 13 years ago.McAvoy clinched a 6-5 win for the Boston Bruins at SAP Center on Monday after his teammate Chris Wagner tied the game at 18:11 of the third in controversial fashion, letting the air out of Thornton’s big night.Thornton refused to hide his emotions …
Chefs Brad Ball of Bistro 1682, Tanjia Kruger of Majeka House,Bjorn Guido of The Millhouse, Rudi Liebenberg of the Mount Nelson, Stefan Marais of Societi Bistro, Vanessa Marx of Dear Me and Henry Vigar of La Mouette at the launch in Cape Town.(Image: WWF-SASSI)MEDIA CONTACTS • Janine Basson, Manager WWF-SASSI RELATED ARTICLES • Pick n Pay greens seafood operations • SA consumers help rebuild fish stocks • Saving SA’s abalone • Make a pledge to save our seas • Woolworths tests green refrigeration • Global retail award for Pick n PayCadine PillayThe Southern African Sustainable Seafood Initiative (SASSI) has launched the SASSI Seafood Circle, which recognises restaurants and chefs that are actively championing sustainable seafood practices in their restaurants.The assessment, sponsored by Pick n Pay, evaluated 70 restaurants across South Africa, looking at their various approaches to implementing, supporting and promoting sustainable seafood practices.TrailblazersCriteria on which the restaurants and chefs were assessed were the restaurant’s seafood sustainability policy; the effectiveness of their communication of their seafood sustainability practices to their customers, employees and suppliers; their level of engagement in communicating their seafood sustainability practices to a wider audience (e.g. via social media, TV appearances, etc.); and, the “trailblazer factor”, which are those chefs and restaurants that are going the extra mile in promoting and supporting seafood sustainability.The 12 winning WWF-SASSI Trailblazers were from Cape Town, KwaZulu-Natal and Johannesburg. Cape Town winners were Brad Ball from Bistro 1682; Vanessa Marx from Dear Me; Henry Vigar from La Mouette; Tanjia Kruger from Majeka House; Bjorn Gudio from The Millhouse; Rudi Liebenberg from The Mount Nelson; Chris Erasmus from Pierneef a la Motte; Bertus Basson from Overture and Stefan Marais from Societi Bistro. KwaZulu-Natal Trailblazers were Jackie Cameron from Hartford House; Kevin Joseph from Oyster Box and from Johannesburg, Marthinus Ferreira of DW Eleven-13.Choosing fish wiselyMany people may not be as educated as they should when it comes to choosing which seafood to cook or order, and the unsustainable harvest of the world’s oceans has led to the depletion and, in some cases, the collapse of many of the world’s major fish stocks.In 2004, the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) established SASSI to inform and educate all participants in the seafood trade, from wholesalers to restaurateurs through to seafood lovers, about sustainable seafood. By using a “traffic light” system, the colour-coded SASSI list categorises selected South African and imported seafood species according to their conservation status.Green-listed fish is the group from which consumers are encouraged to choose, as it contains the most sustainable choices from the healthiest and most well-managed populations. These species can handle current fishing pressure.Orange-listed fish includes species that have associated reasons for concern either because the species is depleted as a result of overfishing and cannot sustain current fishing pressure, the fishery that catches them may cause particularly severe environmental damage or the lifestyle of the species makes it vulnerable to high fishing pressure. Consumers are encouraged to think twice and consider the implications of these choices.The red-listed fish group includes both unsustainable species, which are from collapsed populations or have extreme environmental concerns or lack appropriate management, and species that are illegal to buy or sell in South Africa. These species should never be bought by consumers, and fish highlighted in bold in this category are illegal to sell in South Africa.A more detailed list is available for download on the SASSI website.Restaurants’ duty to practice safe seafoodBronwen Rohland, director of marketing and sustainability at Pick n Pay said, while it may be the responsibility of the government to regulate and monitor fishing activities, it is also the duty of every seafood restaurant, retailer and consumer to support sustainable and responsible fishing practices.“In line with Pick n Pay’s commitment to only stock sustainably sourced seafood by the end of 2015, this is an exciting step in recognising restaurants who are also encouraging, supporting and implementing sustainable seafood practices,” Rohland said. “We believe that the SASSI Seafood Circle will help to both raise awareness and guide more consumers to make sustainable seafood choices.”Pick n Pay has also joined forces with SASSI to create a sustainable seafood cook book that can be downloaded for free on the website.
Johannesburg, Friday 13 November – Brand South Africa has partnered with the Market Theatre Foundation to profile South Africa’s arts and culture sector and the role it plays in telling the positive South African story.South Africa is home to one of the most dynamic and eclectic arts and culture sectors, which mirrors the diversity which exists across all facets of South African society. Through the arts, we are able to communicate, amongst others, the tales of forgiveness and triumph that inspire South Africa’s young democracy to heal the divisions of the past and foster national pride.The National Development Plan (NDP) describes arts and culture as open powerful spaces for debate about where a society finds itself and where it is going. Through artistic expression South Africans are able to communicate their reality and profile unique South African values to both international and domestic audiences. The NDP highlights that the creative and cultural industries can contribute substantially to small business development, job creation, and urban development and renewal which in turn improves South Africa’s competitiveness.The arts and culture sector is therefore a critical contributor to the positive positioning of South Africa as a creative and innovative country.The Market Theatre Foundation and Brand South Africa will play their part in recognising the value of this sector in driving social cohesion, pride and patriotism as well as job creation, and have come together to profile South Africa’s dynamic arts industry and positively tell the South African story.This partnership will consist of various elements and events over the next year. The partnership will be launched with a production of James Ngcobo’s Songs From Jazz Town, a musical celebrating great artists of the past whilst incorporating contemporary South African hip hop that speaks to current South African issues.Media is invited as follows:Date: 20 November 2015Time: 19h45Venue: John Kani Theatre, The Market TheatreRSVP: Kelly Davids [email protected] Zokufa [email protected]
Community leaders say SANDAG’s new TransNet vision will shelve highway safety improvements KUSI Newsroom 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsAfter controversy surrounding proposed new transit options from SANDAG MTS is doing its best to make the community feel involved in any future plans.They are holding their first public forum asking community members for their help defining the future of transit in San Diego.Mark Olson from MTS joined KUSI News to discuss more about what this meeting means.A new survey says more than 50 percent of people who drive alone to work indicated that they would choose an alternative commute at least once per week under the right circumstances, according to findings from the 2018 Commute Behavior Survey.For more information about the 2021 Regional Plan and 5 Big Moves to deliver a bold new transportation vision, please visit SDForward.com/Vision. June 25, 2019 Updated: 6:12 PM Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom, 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – County Supervisors Dianne Jacob and Kristin Gaspar, Poway Mayor Steve Vaus, San Marcos Mayor Rebecca Jones and Santee City Councilwoman Laura Koval are spoke out against a San Diego Association of Governments plan to improve public transit infrastructure, which opponents say will come at the cost of planned highway improvements.The community leaders claim SANDAG’s executive director wants to steer TransNet funds to other mass transit programs, at the expense of promised road improvements such as road and safety improvements to SR-67.“SR-67 between Ramona and Lakeside is not only considered dangerous to daily motorists, but it serves as a critical escape route during wildfire. Mass evacuations during the 2007 Witch Creek blaze turned the narrow, winding road into a parking lot, with traffic backed up for hours,” according to a release by Dianne Jacob’s office.KUSI Contributor and AM 760 radio host Mark Larson joined KUSI News to further discuss the battle over TransNet funds. Posted: June 25, 2019