Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories Facebook WhatsApp Advertisement Email Dutch police at Savornin Lohman Street in Den Bosch, where the body was found.The county Limerick woman who died from severe head injuries at her Dutch home last Monday, is to be buried in her native Rathkeale tomorrow.64 year-old Martina O’Brien-Viguurs, a grandmother and mother-of-eight, was found dead after paramedics were called to her home at Savornin Lohman Street in Den Bosch, an affluent city in the southern Dutch province of Brabant.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Dutch police have confirmed they are treating the death as suspicious and local media reported that they were investigating whether the injuries were inflicted by a heavy, blunt object.Mrs O’Brien-Viguurs had been resident in the Netherlands for the past five years and had also lived in the Douglas area of Cork for a number of years. She is survived by six daughters, two sons and 11 grandchildren.Her husband, named locally as Arnold ‘Arno’ Viguurs, appeared in court yesterday in connection with her death and was remanded in custody to appear before a judge in Den Bosch within the next 14 days when a decision will be made on whether charges will be brought against him.Mr Viguurs, who is a retired real estate agent in his sixties, is well known in the area, having been on the local carnival organising committee.Neighbours said the couple’s home on Savornin Lohman Street had been sold for €225,000, with the couple intending to retire to Ireland.The Department of Foreign Affairs has been in contact with the woman’s Irish-based family, who were deeply shocked to be informed of her death on Monday evening.Mrs O’Brien-Viguurs’ removal will be from her daughter’s home in Douglas, Cork this evening with her funeral Mass in Rathkeale Church tomorrow. Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Previous articleFunding awarded to Limerick organisationsNext articleJP’s scholarships put Limerick students at the top of the class Editor Print NewsBurial of Limerick woman killed in the NetherlandsBy Editor – November 13, 2015 767 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Twitter Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” TAGSCorkCourtdepartment of foreign affairslimerickMartina O’ Brien-ViguursRathkealerathkeale churchthe netherlands Linkedin Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live
RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR No-one has been injured in a gun attack in Omagh.Police say a number of shots were fired through the rear window of a house in McClay Park just before 9.30 last night. There were seven people, all adults, in the house at the time, all of whom were badly shaken.West Tyrone MLA and Policing Board member Ross Hussey is condemning the incident.The Ulster Unionist representative says he believes it was an isolated incident………Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/hussyomagh.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. Google+ WhatsApp HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week Update – Hussey condemns gun attack on Omagh house Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Facebook Google+ Pinterest Pinterest 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Twitter PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers Homepage BannerNews Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Twitter WhatsApp Previous articleCorrie’s Paula Lane has a baby boyNext articleColeraine insurance company announces 17 new jobs News Highland Facebook By News Highland – January 2, 2015
HR professionals should take a pivotal role in merger and acquisition talks as company advisers have a poor understanding of people management issues.The findings come in a CIPD report jointly commissioned with consultancies Bacon & Woodrow and PricewaterhouseCoopers.One in three of those surveyed considered advisers to the bidders had a limited understanding of HR issues, or none at all. For advisers to the target firm, this figure rose to nearly one in two.Report co-author Judy Brown said HR needs to be involved in negotiations from an early stage.“Chief executives and senior management must consider the need to consult with people managers along with lawyers and accountants when establishing merger deals.“The key message must be that people managers should make their case more forcefully and people managers and board members should in turn consult more.”Carol Bode was HR development manager at the AA when it was bought by Centrica in September 1999. She said merging companies need to undertake a risk assessment of people as well as financial issues.“The problem is that it has to come from the top. It’s no good always saying HR should be more proactive and make their voice heard. Sometimes the reality is that you have to have an enlightened chief executive to get HR in there in the first place. The importance of HR always tends to be acknowledged eventually, but often it is in hindsight.”Figures show merger activity in the UK by overseas companies rose from £9.5bn in 1996 to £31.5bn in 1998.Frances Wilson, international manager of the Institute said personnel practitioners are being asked to give strategic input where they are credible. They need to demonstrate they are proactive, vocal, with high visibility: the kind of people the chief executive can talk to.”The report, People Implications of Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Divestments, is based on 80 responses to a questionnaire sent to members of the institute’s international and compensation benefits forums. Contact: Diane Sutton, e-mail: [email protected] Tel: 020-8263 3271 www.cipd.co.ukBy Kathy Watson Merger talks lack vital HR presenceOn 10 Oct 2000 in Personnel Today Previous Article Next Article Related posts:No related photos. Comments are closed.
Beloved jam group The String Cheese Incident have a busy summer ahead, with a tour that kicks off at Electric Forest in June and running through the middle of August. In the downtime between their recent spring tour and summer, the band has been hard at work on new material in the studio.Today, keyboardist Kyle Hollingsworth gave a quote to Relix that certainly seems to indicate where the band is on their new album. Hollingsworth said, “After a winter of recording and touring indoors it will refreshing to share the sunlight with all of our fans. Looking forward to playing new tunes and rocking some new venues this summer.”Of course, a number of questions remain to be answered about the new album, like its title, release date, tracklisting, etc. We do know that they were working with Talking Heads’ Jerry Harrison, who produced their 2014 album Song In My Head. Hopefully Cheese won’t pull a Radiohead and delete their entire Internet presence before revealing any information!You can catch them on the road all summer with this tour schedule, and be sure to check out their extra jammy “Sweet Spot” from Red Rocks 2015, which recently premiered on Live for Live Music!
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.