Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Jason Corbett pictured with his two children Jack (10) and Sarah (8)by Andrew [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up AS JASON Corbett’s body was brought back to Limerick on this Thursday morning, a custody battle was looming over the future of his two Irish-born children left traumatised by their father’s death in a domestic incident at their North Carolina home last week.On Sunday, August 2, police and emergency paramedics responding to an emergency call found the 39 year-old Limerick businessman in his home with serious head injuries.The fatal injuries were sustained as a result of what local police say was “a blunt force trauma to the head”.But in the wake of that tragedy, Mr Corbett’s two children are now at the centre of a bitter custody battle between their legal guardians and the chief suspect in the Limerick man’s killing.Having left her holiday in France, Tracey Lynch, Jason’s sister, went to the US where she has led the fight to get both her brother’s body and his two children home to Ireland. She says she wants a quick resolution to the issue to allow her grieve her bother’s violent death.And the Corbett family have vowed that they will not bury Jason until they have full custody of his two children.This Friday, a judge is to decide the outcome of the custody hearing over the guardianship of Jack and Sarah Corbett who have been living in the home where their father was killed last week.Mr Corbett’s second wife, Molly Martens, who is a US citizen was granted temporary custody of the two young children whose father was killed in what local police have described as a “domestic disturbance”.A police spokesman said they are not looking outside the family home for anyone else in connection with Mr Corbett’s death.Jack and Sarah’s legal guardians are his sister Tracey and her husband David Lynch and the family members who have remained home in Limerick say they are desperate for news of developments that will finally see Jason laid to rest and his children back on Irish soil.It is understood that there has been very little contact with the children and their extended Limerick family since their father’s death.Ms Lynch said that Jason left written instructions asking that his children return to Ireland in the event of his death.“It’s what Jason wanted. Jason left instructions that my husband and I would be the guardians of Jack and Sarah.”Speaking from North Carolina on Tuesday night, Ms Lynch said that she was getting to grips with the legal process and she was hopeful of a positive outcome.“I have confidence in the system here, that they will allow Jack and Sarah to come home. They’re Irish citizens, they’re on their dad’s work visa and they’ve no relatives in America.“All of Jason’s family and friends, the children’s biological grandparents, both sets, are in Ireland waiting for us to come home with Jack and Sarah.”She said that her brother loved his family and friends.“He wanted to come home. We’re just here trying to give Jason a voice. I know what his wishes were.“I’m heartbroken, and I want to go home and be allowed to grieve the loss of one of the most important people in my world with my family.”Mr Corbett who moved to the US four years ago and after the death of his first wife Mags in 2006 from a asthma attack, died at his home in Panther Creek Court, Wallburg in North Carolina.A Delta flight carrying Mr Corbett’s remains touched down this Thursday morning in Dublin Airport after the Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust assisted the Corbett family with the arrangements.The trust offers financial assistance to bereaved families to repatriate bodies of their loved ones who have died abroad in sudden or tragic circumstances.Trust co-founder Colin Bell said he was pleased that the trust could help.“This is what we do, this is why we set up the trust, to help people in this situation,” he explained. Mr Bell’s son Kevin was 26 when he was killed in an accident in New York in June 2013 and hss death led Mr Bell and his wife Eithne to establish the trust.The first steps in securing Jack and Sarah Corbett’s future will be decided on this Friday when the children’s legal guardians attempt to secure a ruling allowing them to return home to Ireland.Social media campaigns, personal tributes, petitions and fundraising activities have all been initiated in Ireland in support of the young Corbett children with calls being made for Government intervention at the highest level.The expenditure facing the Corbett family is set to run into the tens of thousands and donations to help fund #jasonsjourney and to #bringjacksarahhome are being accepted through Limerick bank accounts and online. Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories NewsBreaking newsThe end of Jason’s journeyBy Staff Reporter – August 13, 2015 1213 Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Linkedin TAGS#bringjacksarahhome#jasonsjourneyJanesboroJason Corbettlimericknorth carolinapanther creek courtUSwallburg Email Advertisement Twitter Print Previous article€13 million for social housing units in LimerickNext articleLimerick teens leading the way Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live WhatsApp Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live
Training & Education September 26, 2018 Back to overview,Home naval-today Polish sailors make use of Royal Navy training facilities Polish Navy sailors assigned to frigate ORP Generał Kazimierz Pułaski recently used facilities at the Royal Navy training establishment HMS Raleigh ahead of their operational sea training.The former Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate is in Plymouth for six weeks of training with Flag Officer Sea Training (FOST).Training consists of one week’s harbour training and then five weeks at sea, when the ship’s company will be tested and assessed on their ability to operate in a range of scenarios.At HMS Raleigh, the ship’s seamanship team spent a day using the establishment’s replenishment-at-sea training facility.Known as the RAS trainer, the facility replicates the equipment found on warships and Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels, to transfer stores and fuel from ship-to-ship, while underway at sea.HMS Raleigh’s RAS trainer was opened in 2014. It was originally built to trial equipment for the new Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers, but was later remodeled for training.The facility is now used to teach sailors what is, considered to be one of the most hazardous tasks undertaken at sea, in a safe and controlled environment.The Royal Navy’s FOST has established a worldwide reputation for providing operational sea training for all surface ships, submarines and Royal Fleet Auxiliaries of the Royal Navy and an increasing number of NATO and foreign navies. Polish sailors make use of Royal Navy training facilities View post tag: FOST Share this article View post tag: Polish Navy View post tag: Royal Navy
The Telegraph 15 November 2017Family First Comment: “Dr Peter Bennie, chairman of BMA Scotland, said the decision was great news for everyone who wanted to reduce the harm caused by alcohol misuse, adding: “As doctors we see every day the severe harms caused by alcohol misuse and the damage it causes to individuals and their families. There are no easy solutions, but minimum unit pricing can make a significant contribution to reducing these harms and saving lives.”Scotland is set to become the first country in the world to set a minimum price for alcohol as a way of improving public health after the Scotch Whisky Association lost an appeal against the plan at the UK’s highest court.The SWA, with other sections of the drinks industry, argued the move to impose a 50p minimum price per unit for alcohol would be “disproportionate” and illegal under European law.But seven judges at the Supreme Court unanimously backed the Scottish Government, ruling that the plan passed by MSPs five years ago but held up in legal battles could now go ahead.Ministers have promised to move as quickly as practicable, and it is thought the legislation could come into force early next year.The proposal is backed by health professionals and would make the price of a bottle of spirits at least £14, the cheapest bottle of wine £4.69, and a four-pack of 500ml cans of lager at least £4.The intention is to target problem drinkers by hitting the price of strong alcohol that is sold at low prices, and is unlikely to affect pubs. It would mean the price of a two litre, mid-range bottle of cider, jumping from £3.99 to £7.50.READ MORE: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/15/scotland-become-first-country-world-introduce-minimum-pricing/Keep up with family issues in NZ. Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox.