Tag: 阿拉爱上海公主坟琳儿or123

RSF asks Angola president to “go to the next level”

first_img February 17, 2021 Find out more September 27, 2018 RSF asks Angola president to “go to the next level” RSF_en Angola is ranked 121st out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2018 World Press Freedom Index. The justice system also sent an encouraging signal in June when it acquitted the journalist Rafael Marques of “offending a sovereign institution” by covering a former attorney general’s alleged involvement in an illegal land purchase. In a statement at the time, RSF hailed the court’s ruling that Marques had exercised his “obligation to inform with complete objectivity.” to go further Help by sharing this information For the first time in nearly 40 years, Angola’s journalists were able to put direct questions to their president when Lourenço gave a press conference on 8 January and, in a bid to emphasize the difference with his authoritarian predecessor, Eduardo dos Santos, he told his audience of around 100 journalists that “we defend freedom of expression and freedom of the press” and added that “we don’t just defend [these freedoms], we promote them too.” Since then, access to state-held information has indeed improved and state media now sometimes report opposition views. “There are now opinion pieces by opposition politicians in Jornal de Angola, the big state-owned daily,” said Candido Teixeira, the secretary-general of the Angolan Union of Journalists. AngolaAfrica Protecting journalistsMedia independence Freedom of expressionJudicial harassment News “The improvement in access to state-held information and the justice system’s recognition of the key role that journalists play in society represent significant progress for Angola,” said Arnaud Froger, the head of RSF’s Africa desk. “The government must now quickly move to the next level. Only a complete overhaul of the repressive media legislation will enable Angola’s journalists and media to exercise their right to inform without fear of judicial retaliation.” Angolan President Joao Lourenco speaks during a meeting with Portugal’s prime minister in Luanda on September 18, 2018. JOAO DE FATIMA / AFP Crackdown on reporters covering Luanda demonstration Cyber-attacks against Angolan news site and reporter center_img Since taking office exactly a year ago, on 26 September 2017, Angola’s President Joao Lourenço has kept only part of his promise to defend and promote press freedom. Access to state-held information has increased, but Reporters Without Borders (RSF) is concerned about the failure to remove the legislative restraints on the media and journalists. Finally, the media landscape will not be able to develop and diversify without a reduction in the exorbitant media start-up charges. Under the broadcast law, an outlay of 735,000 euros is needed to create a national radio station and more than 2.3 million euros are needed to create a TV channel. October 28, 2020 Find out more October 9, 2020 Find out more News Organisation News News Follow the news on Angola Receive email alerts AngolaAfrica Protecting journalistsMedia independence Freedom of expressionJudicial harassment But the “promotion” of press freedom has yet to be translated into revision of a series of media laws that the previous government enacted in 2017. The new government had nonetheless promised to open a debate “as soon as possible” about decriminalizing media offences. As things stand, defamation or “insulting” a person by means of published word or image is punishable by six months in prison. The social communication ministry also has the power to oversee the editorial policies of media outlets and to impose sanctions on them. Angolan police unleash dog on reporter covering protestlast_img read more

Read More

Norwegian will not resume Shannon flights

first_imgRELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Advertisement Print Facebook Exercise With Oxygen Training at Ultimate Health Clinic Limerick on Covid watch list Previous articleWATCH: John Kiely names much-changed team for Thurles tripNext articleConn Murray’s name written large in the annals of Limerick Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Linkedin BUDGET airline Norwegian has confirmed that it will not resume its transatlantic flights from Shannon and Cork this year.A spokesperson for Shannon Group said they were disappointed for its passengers with the news that Norwegian was unable to resume operations as a result of the continued grounding of the Boeing 737 Max aircraft.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “The world-wide grounding of the 737 Max aircraft is having a serious impact for Shannon passengers. Proportionally, no other Irish airport has such a high level of activity operated by the 737 Max aircraft.“At peak this aircraft type would have operated 13 weekly flights from Shannon to North America. We now estimate that the loss of these flights, which include this year’s Air Canada service, will mean a loss of over 120,000 seats at Shannon in 2019 and as a result our overall passenger numbers will be down.“We remain confident that once the 737 Max aircraft is back flying that these services will be restored, as they were extremely popular in 2018″, the statement concluded.by Tom [email protected] NewsBusinessTransportNorwegian will not resume Shannon flightsBy Staff Reporter – June 15, 2019 765 center_img Twitter Ann & Steve Talk Stuff | Episode 29 | Levelling Up WhatsApp Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites Email Limerick businesses urged to accept Irish Business Design Challenge TAGSbusinessClareIrelandLimerick City and CountyNewsShannonTransport TechPost | Episode 9 | Pay with Google, WAZE – the new Google Maps? and Speak don’t Type!last_img read more

Read More

2 women arrested after fight on JetBlue flight

first_img Share Share 2056 Views   no discussions Sharing is caring! Sharecenter_img Tweet InternationalLifestylePrintTravel 2 women arrested after fight on JetBlue flight by: Associated Press – August 26, 2015 NEW YORK (AP) — Two women have been arrested after police say they attacked each other as their flight arrived at New York’s Kennedy Airport from Jamaica.Port Authority spokesman Joe Pentangelo (pehn-TAN’-jeh-loh) says it happened at 8:45 a.m. Wednesday.He says the dispute started after a 61-year-old passenger at a window seat tried to climb over another woman as Jet Blue Flight 960 approached the gate.The older woman used an eyebrow razor to slash the 52-year-old woman and a man who tried to intervene.The Port Authority spokesman says the younger woman then used pepper spray on the knife-wielding passenger.Seven passengers were treated for difficulty breathing.Police say the 61-year-old was arrested on assault and weapons charges. The other woman was arrested for possessing pepper spray.last_img read more

Read More

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Archives

Categories

Meta

Tags