Tag: 雅泰spa特殊

The end of Jason’s journey

first_imgFacebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Jason Corbett pictured with his two children Jack (10) and Sarah (8)by Andrew [email protected]ign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up AS JASON Corbett’s body was brought back to Limerick on this Thursday morning, a custody battle was looming over the future of his two Irish-born children left traumatised by their father’s death in a domestic incident at their North Carolina home last week.On Sunday, August 2, police and emergency paramedics responding to an emergency call found the 39 year-old Limerick businessman in his home with serious head injuries.The fatal injuries were sustained as a result of what local police say was “a blunt force trauma to the head”.But in the wake of that tragedy, Mr Corbett’s two children are now at the centre of a bitter custody battle between their legal guardians and the chief suspect in the Limerick man’s killing.Having left her holiday in France, Tracey Lynch, Jason’s sister, went to the US where she has led the fight to get both her brother’s body and his two children home to Ireland. She says she wants a quick resolution to the issue to allow her grieve her bother’s violent death.And the Corbett family have vowed that they will not bury Jason until they have full custody of his two children.This Friday, a judge is to decide the outcome of the custody hearing over the guardianship of Jack and Sarah Corbett who have been living in the home where their father was killed last week.Mr Corbett’s second wife, Molly Martens, who is a US citizen was granted temporary custody of the two young children whose father was killed in what local police have described as a “domestic disturbance”.A police spokesman said they are not looking outside the family home for anyone else in connection with Mr Corbett’s death.Jack and Sarah’s legal guardians are his sister Tracey and her husband David Lynch and the family members who have remained home in Limerick say they are desperate for news of developments that will finally see Jason laid to rest and his children back on Irish soil.It is understood that there has been very little contact with the children and their extended Limerick family since their father’s death.Ms Lynch said that Jason left written instructions asking that his children return to Ireland in the event of his death.“It’s what Jason wanted. Jason left instructions that my husband and I would be the guardians of Jack and Sarah.”Speaking from North Carolina on Tuesday night, Ms Lynch said that she was getting to grips with the legal process and she was hopeful of a positive outcome.“I have confidence in the system here, that they will allow Jack and Sarah to come home. They’re Irish citizens, they’re on their dad’s work visa and they’ve no relatives in America.“All of Jason’s family and friends, the children’s biological grandparents, both sets, are in Ireland waiting for us to come home with Jack and Sarah.”She said that her brother loved his family and friends.“He wanted to come home. We’re just here trying to give Jason a voice. I know what his wishes were.“I’m heartbroken, and I want to go home and be allowed to grieve the loss of one of the most important people in my world with my family.”Mr Corbett who moved to the US four years ago and after the death of his first wife Mags in 2006 from a asthma attack, died at his home in Panther Creek Court, Wallburg in North Carolina.A Delta flight carrying Mr Corbett’s remains touched down this Thursday morning in Dublin Airport after the Kevin Bell Repatriation Trust assisted the Corbett family with the arrangements.The trust offers financial assistance to bereaved families to repatriate bodies of their loved ones who have died abroad in sudden or tragic circumstances.Trust co-founder Colin Bell said he was pleased that the trust could help.“This is what we do, this is why we set up the trust, to help people in this situation,” he explained. Mr Bell’s son Kevin was 26 when he was killed in an accident in New York in June 2013 and hss death led Mr Bell and his wife Eithne to establish the trust.The first steps in securing Jack and Sarah Corbett’s future will be decided on this Friday when the children’s legal guardians attempt to secure a ruling allowing them to return home to Ireland.Social media campaigns, personal tributes, petitions and fundraising activities have all been initiated in Ireland in support of the young Corbett children with calls being made for Government intervention at the highest level.The expenditure facing the Corbett family is set to run into the tens of thousands and donations to help fund #jasonsjourney and to #bringjacksarahhome are being accepted through Limerick bank accounts and online. Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Vanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories NewsBreaking newsThe end of Jason’s journeyBy Staff Reporter – August 13, 2015 1213 Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Linkedin TAGS#bringjacksarahhome#jasonsjourneyJanesboroJason Corbettlimericknorth carolinapanther creek courtUSwallburg Emailcenter_img Advertisement Twitter Print Previous article€13 million for social housing units in LimerickNext articleLimerick teens leading the way Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live WhatsApp Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed livelast_img read more

Read More

Worley cuts 3,000 jobs amid adverse economic circumstances

first_img Worley goes ahead with job cuts amid COVID-19 crisis. (Credit: Raysonho @ Open Grid Scheduler / Scalable Grid Engine / Wikipedia.org) Worley has cut reduced its workforce by 5%, slashing 3,000 jobs amid the current economic circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and oil price collapse.The Australia-based engineering services provider said that the job cuts took place between 31 January and 31 March 2020, mainly in field-based work, particularly across lower margin construction-related activities.As of March-end, the company’s headcount stood at 56,000.Worley said that operationally, due to the prevailing economic circumstances, there has been some contraction in the business caused by customers’ delays, postponements, and cancellations, especially in field-based work.Currently, the company expects 20% of its revenue to come from exposure to the upstream and midstream oil and gas expenditures of customers, which was previously 65%.The company also said that 45% of its revenue is derived from operating expenditures of its customers, which has increased from 10-15%. As per the engineering services provider, operating expenditure contracts tend to be longer term, multi-year contracts.Worley said that it will continue to optimise staffing levels and costs while retaining capability. Furthermore, the company will be freezing salaries and non-billable recruitment.The company will also postpone all its non-essential capital expenditure while adjusting operational as well as support cost structures.Additionally, the company said that it has worked with its banking partners to secure an additional AUD465m ($304m) in debt in 12-month facilities.Worley CEO comments on the measures taken in response to COVID-19 and the economic situationWorley CEO Chris Ashton said: “We are responding with agility to the rapidly changing environment. We are ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our people, we have increased our liquidity position and we continue to review and adjust the business operationally.“I am proud of our people as they demonstrate resilience and harness their ingenuity and expertise supporting customers, colleagues and communities.” According to Worley, the job cuts took place between 31 January and 31 March 2020, mainly in field-based work, particularly across lower margin construction related activities last_img read more

Read More

Man U’ll be great again when Pogba returns — Ighalo

first_imgRelatedPosts Ighalo: My best moment as ‘Red Devil’ EPL: Crystal Palace stun sloppy Man U EPL: Red Devils attack Palace Odion Ighalo believes Manchester United will be “a different team” when Paul Pogba is back fit and firing. Pogba has made just eight appearances this season for United, and has not featured at all since the Boxing Day win over Newcastle. In an interview earlier this week, the Frenchman lifted the lid on what has been a “frustrating” season with injury, but insisted he was closing on a return to fitness. It remained to be seen whether he is still at the club come the start of next season, but Ighalo is hoping that in partnership with Bruno Fernandes he can take United back to the top. “He is working hard to get back to fitness and imagine when we have Pogba and Bruno in the midfield, then you will see a different team – [Marcus] Rashford coming back also,” Ighalo said in a Twitter Q&A. “Manchester United is going to be great again, winning games week in, week out. He’s a great player and it’s going to be a privilege to play with him.”Tags: Boxing DayBruno FernandesManchester UnitedOdion IghaloPaul Pogbalast_img read more

Read More

NBA All-Star voting results 2020: Full list of starters, reserves for Eastern, Western Conference rosters

first_imgMORE: When is the 2020 NBA trade deadline?Keep in mind the starters and reserves won’t be tied to their conferences for the All-Star Game, but rather thrown into a pool and drafted by the captains. Think of this as a playground game, except everyone involved is ridiculously good at basketball and making millions of dollars. (You can read more about the process below.)Here is the full breakdown ahead of All-Star weekend …NBA All-Star voting results 2020Eastern Conference starters (two guards, three frontcourt)PositionPlayerTeamFan rankPlayer rankMedia rankWeighted scoreGKemba WalkerCeltics3112.0GTrae YoungHawks1321.75FGiannis Antetokounmpo*Bucks1111FPascal SiakamRaptors2342.75FJoel Embiid76ers3222.5*Captain No more ballots. The results are in. It’s time to reveal the 2020 NBA All-Stars.Lakers forward LeBron James led all Western Conference players with more than six million fan votes, making him an All-Star captain for the third consecutive year. Reigning MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo ran away with the Eastern Conference vote, so get ready for a Team LeBron vs. Team Giannis rematch in Chicago. Western Conference starters (two guards, three frontcourt)PositionPlayerTeamFan rankPlayer rankMedia rankWeighted scoreGLuka DoncicMavericks1111GJames HardenRockets2222FLeBron James*Lakers1111FAnthony DavisLakers2222FKawhi LeonardClippers3333*CaptainEastern Conference reserves (two guards, three frontcourt, two wild cards)PositionPlayerTeamGBen Simmons76ersGKyle LowryRaptorsFJimmy ButlerHeatFBam AdebayoHeatFDomantas SabonisPacersWCKhris MiddletonBucksWCJayson TatumCelticsWestern Conference reserves (two guards, three frontcourt, two wild cards)PositionPlayerTeamGDamian LillardTrail BlazersGDonovan MitchellJazzFRudy GobertJazzFNikola JokicNuggetsFBrandon IngramPelicansWCRussell WestbrookRocketsWCChris PaulThunderHow does the NBA All-Star voting process work?The fan vote accounts for 50 percent of the total vote to determine the starters for the NBA All-Star Game. Current players and media members split the other 50 percent. Each ballot consists of two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference. Reserves are chosen by NBA head coaches, and league commissioner Adam Silver chooses injury replacements if necessary.All-Star captains will then draft their teams from the eligible pool of players (starters in first round, reserves in second round). Captains will be selected based on which players earn the most fan votes in each conference. They are not required to draft based on conference affiliation or position.Key dates ahead of the 2020 NBA All-Star GameAll-Star starters announced: Jan. 23All-Star reserves announced: Jan. 30All-Star Draft: Feb. 6Rising Stars Challenge and Celebrity Game: Feb. 143-Point Shootout and Slam Dunk Contest: Feb. 152020 NBA All-Star Game: Feb. 16last_img read more

Read More

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Archives

Categories

Meta

Tags